Almost 6 weeks into Cit (Celexa)

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am new to this whole forum thing and I am only posting, because I haven't found any discussion leading to how I am feeling.

I started Celexa almost 6 weeks ago. One week 10mg and I have been on 20mg since. After I had my period three weeks in, the following week I felt like a million bucks. This week, I am experiencing insane heartburn, stomach pain, cramps and nausea. I can eat if I need to, but at the the same time, the thought of food makes me nauseous. Just wondering, is it normal to feel like this? I know it takes time to fully be in my system, but the less I have to worry about the more I will start to feel better.

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Yeah this is all normal Citalopram side effects. I felt like this for a month or so. Now I can't stop eating lol

Is horrible while you are going through it. You have my sympathy. I decided to come off meds now and stick to CBT.

Alex

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

kayleigh

You will need to be patient and give the 20mg a further week or so. You should actually feel much better soon

If you are concerned however make an appointment with your GP and explain how you feel.

Taking AD medications you need to be comfortable in your own skin, although if you go off this medication you may find the replacement may have to start again.

There could also be withdrawal problems with the first drug and a getting to know you on the new mdication.

Just a thought

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks, Bob.

I'm not anxious or anything, so Celexa is working for that no problem. My friend actually said any medications can be hard on the stomach/cause acid reflux, I just wanna know if it will subside. I am really uncomfortable and hate feeling nauseous.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up