Alone for xmas

Posted , 7 users are following.

is there any one els who is alone for xmas ? well i say im alone for xmas i do have my 2 cats so im sure they will help with the turky

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi remember!..Yes,I am alone this Xmas...Well,my dogs would feel aggrieved if they knew I had said that...It is hard,coz we are all programmed for 2togetherness" etc etc.It's a painful time but it gives me a bit of solace knowing a few people who spend family Christmases that sound like a nightmare!So here's a toast to being alone and we are very blessed having our wonderful pets! All the best,Sally 
    • Posted

are you going all out with a roast ect ? as its just me it seems a little silly but i got all the stuff so i expect i will have way to much food on my hands
    • Posted

No it's not silly,I think that's great and I do the same with the dogs:coz we're worth it!Enjoy x x
  • Posted

I'm alone too but to be honest I think it's best that way as can't cope with other people around me at the moment just want to be on my own as I normally am 
  • Posted

Hi - fortunately, I'm staying with my wider family for christmas. But that doesn't stop me from feeling lonely ... Nonetheless, I'm glad of the company. I do hope you (and your cats) have an okay time. Take care.

• Posted

Not alone with mum and two kids, I need to put a smile on my face for the sake of them, deep down I would prefer to be alone.  Enjoy dinner with the cats and I am sure they will definitely enjoy the turkey dinner. xx
  • Posted

Hello I know how horrible you must be feeling? 

Its good to have pet at least

I myself was looking at this situation managed to avoid it now just

But its the absolute pressure to conform to this brain washing even that its now become

I realised that there is a huge stigma in saying your alone on Christmas day

Its similar to that question who is next of kin on certain documents

You know your in a real mess when you really struggle to think who do I put down on the form

And you feel that pain inside

What amazes me is there is going to be 4 million people alone in uk this Christmas day

And half a million of them are elderly

So many people alone of all ages

But this does not surprise me as I went through my city where I live today and everyone is rushing around everywhere no time for anyone

And many holding hands smiling

Children with parents

Everyone giving the impression there okay and not lonely at all

There are so many once they get on train burying there faces on Facebook and texts on phone

So it gives a small idea of why so many are forgotten especially this time of year

As no one wants to admit there alone

The best one is the Church

They are meant to care for anyone alone but if you check out there websites there is nothing for Christmas day

Apart from  a odd few offer a Christmas day church service but nothing else

• Posted

Yes, I am in the same boat as you. It doesn't bother me much anymore. I love going to midnight mass and singing. My dog is a great cuddler and good company. It could always be worse... I could be married to someone I despise or having to go to inlaws house etc. I'm having dinner with the woman I take care of during the week and the food is excellent where she lives.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.