Alone over night anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have a heart condition called SVT which I am on medication for and have been reassured it won't kill me.

Recently my partner has started working away in Scotland and he's just gone now so he can be there for the morning to start work, I won't see him until Friday now, when our little girl has gone to bed at 7pm I feel so lonely and scared incase something happens to me while he isn't here. I get in bed and can't sleep properly because I just want it to be the next day. Does anyone have any tips for helping me get through the week as I feel sick being alone sad thank you

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Watch movies and keep your mind acupied with thingsome you like doing
  • Posted

We have never been apart with the exception of when I was in hospital for an operation and in a way I was to far away I did not really notice. I was back in three days. Another time was we had forgoten some papers and I had to return home to get them, I returned straight away again I arrived back early morning.

I feel sad for you and could you not come up North and have a week having a look around, it is a pretty part of the world.

You could use a body pillow that can sometimes help, they are called a bolster, the width of a double bed. Of course if you have a dog, they will cuddle in. Our Pax seems to cuddle either of us and He follows the contours of our body.

B.

• Posted

Oh my God finally someone who understands the whole night issues!! I start getting so anxious when the Sun goes down, and just want to go to sleep so I can get to the next day because I'm terrified of having a medical emergency in the middle of the night.

Word of advice though, try to start calming yourself down around 5pm and do not let anxious thoughts into your mind as much as you can stop them.. The more you think about them before sleep, the more likely you're going to wake up in a panic in the middle of the night..

Try lavender oils, rheyre great for calming. Funny movies, try reading or coloring for an hour or two before bed to get your mind tired.

• Posted

They have ebooks on audio. They are great. . They have music to calm anxiety in there, tons of great advice books, so  much. See what you like and get them then play them alloud. Comforting. The calming music for anxiety is good for resting. Try and do some projects around the house to keep busy. 

Also maybe speak with your doctor and discuss whats best for you to help you forge through all this .codependency is a side effect of having an anxiety disorder because you are in a very vulnerable state of being.

• Posted

Do you have SVT all the gmtume or only when panicking? Just asking

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.