Alone with citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I don't know where to start really, I was put on citalopram a week ago, I was at the doctors regarding another matter but somehow she coaxed out of me what really is going on, I've been on 3  5mg diazepam a day for 8 years and she wants me off it  and I do too but I wasn't having any of it and said they helped me, but, she unlike every other doctor ive seen had all the time in the world for me and I just blurted out I was severely depressed and had been for over 20 years, soon as I told her I could tell she was glad I had finally accepted it and told someone, she couldnt of been anymore understanding, I felt finally I had someone I can trust  that can take away this  pain I've been in for too long. To cut a long story short 12 years ago when I was 31 my life turned upside down where I had to suddenly move away from home  to care for my mum, but  she died in my ams after 4 years of me caring for her, as you can expect that took a lot out of me, but I battled through that, alone,.... Along with that Ive lost the girl I love because of this illness I have.

I have retreated  into myself so much since,  I am a recluse in my home I am scared and alone, beyond going to the shop I pretty much can't go out or work or anything, you see I am away from ALL my friends and family ive no support at all, where I live I don't know anyone well enough to call a friend for support,  I've lost touch with friends and my family haven't contacted me in over 4 years, the endless lonelyness and the loss of everything so dear to me now has tipped me over the edge, I am in Isle of Man so it's very had to get to see anyone because of the sea and the cost of travel, at this moment I am really struggling, can't stop crying I am at totally Rock bottom this is Why I told my doc because I've done nothing but thnk of ending the pain lately. I used to thnk I am the strongest person I know but there's only so much a person can take.

Soon as I got home from the chemist I came on here and it's all horror stories and I don't think I can face that, no drug can take away lonelyness and the loss I feel,  I am scared I am jumping out the frying pan into the fire, please can someone help me, I need advice because if these are going to make me worse I need to stop them right now, it's hard enough trying to get off Valium without cit making me worse, I am not after sympathy I don't know what I am after I need to speak to someone even if  it's just typing on a forum. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.