Alternate to HRT ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am having an early menopause at the age of 43. I was advised by the doc to take HRT but I wasn't so sure and asked for alternate, i was advised to take soya milk and cloves? Will this take my hot flushes and tiredness away? Anyone Been through this phrase? I am worried as I am taking levothyroxine tabs for my under active thyroid and also esameprozole for hiatus hernia and really don't wana take more tabs!  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Noorj,

when I was in peri I drank soy, ate tofu and took 2 tablespoons of flax seeds.  They are all plants photestrogens and did help me.  What did NOT help me and mad all the symptons worse was sugar, caffeine and spicy foods----all the things I like!

there may be some interaction with soy and thyroid med, so I would check with your Dx.

good luck!

sandy

• Posted

Hi, my pharmacist recomended that i take femular for menopause. it is a natural product that they give to ladies who had breast canser and cant take hrt. the onley thing is you must take it for 3 months for the tabs to work properly, i am only on day 4.

hang in there i am sure the ladies will give you some grate advise.

Nonnie

• Posted

Hi - I am taking nutrition fx, it is apparently a Scientific breakthrough?? I have been on them for about a month & they I no longer have hot sweats (Great!) 

Go onto the website and have a read! google -  nutrition fx 

• Posted

I also take B6 150mg, Magnesium 375mg, cod liver oil, flaxseeds in my porridge & do lots of juicing (Beetroot, carrots & anything green!) It was a pain at first but I am noe getting use to it & I hate to speak to soon but my energy levels have gone up a gear!!
  • Posted

Hi Noorj

take B6 for sure, we lack it terribly during peri and menopause .. natural 

Estroven Max worked for me or Menapol Plus..

Vit D and Calcium easential for bone health ..

B6 seemed to hit the spot for me big time,  150mg a day suits me, but we are all different ... also i have B12 .... 10 years natural menopause...

i too chose natural route, want my body to do what nature intends and not confuse it and cause a later life peri with HRT, plus its too risky for me having family female cancers... not a chance...

you say you dont want to take anymore tabs, but with peri meno and post meno you need to supplement and certainly protect your bones 

Natecal has both Cacium and Vit D mix 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi,

Please can you advise me where I can buy Femular in the UK.

Having a nightmare with perimenopause and GP pushing HRT but really want to find natural alternative.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Lavendar

Maybe uk dont sell it..

Isnt it a black cohosh type remedy

They sell black cohosh 

I take menapol plus natural from simply supplements uk

I live in spain never heard of it here either,

Biovea uk sell black cohosh too

Jay jay 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.