Alway worried

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi - I am going through perimenopause, have hormonal imbalance and fibrocystic breasts.  I am always worried and checking my breasts daily.  My right breast is more fibrocystic than my left.  It's bigger and lumpier and often feels heavier and full.  I have had mammograms and ultrasounds, but they don't find anything (I suffer from a lot of cysts).  I struggle so much with managing the fear of this condition. is it normal to have the disease be more prominent in one breast?  Any advice would be helpful

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello! Just want you to know you are not alone. I have the exact same thing going on with me. My Dr. Put me on progestrone cream to help with the hormonal imbalance. While it helped some of my other peri symptoms it made my fibrocystic breast issues much worse. My left breast being worse. Huge lump in it as well for two cycles. My right breast was fine. It took a few "cycles" for me to figure it out and calm down a bit about it. I've read lots of women commenting on the same symptom as you. Take a deep breath., our minds often assume the worse case scenario. You are not alone ? hang in there friend!

• Posted

Thank you Lisa.  The constant worry is exhausting.  Did you stay on the progesterone?  I am thinking of going on it too as my peri symptoms are nuts.  But worried about how it will affect breast issues and if I can mentally handle that
    • Posted

I did not. I have a slew of hormonal symptoms, my breast issues being only one and by far, not the worst. My next step is to take a hormonal panel. It's maps your hormones over the course of a month. It's expensive but i'm tired of Dr's just guessing. Tired of feeling like a lab rat. I'd rather spend and be more accurate. The Dr's upped my progestrone by guessing and it made my symptoms worse. I came off the progestrone to get everything out of my system so I can have a clean baseline with testing.

Hang in there. The worry can whack up The hormones even worse...easier said then done right smile i know the worry..and exhaustion that results. have u had any testing done?

Hugs!!!

• Posted

I have had no testing so far.  I'm in Canada and it is difficult to even be heard on this issue.  Our system is so stretched thin with people waiting years for a family doctor.  A patient like me is seen as a spoiled hypochondriac wanting to use precious resources.  It's so frustrating.  I'd be happy to pay, but it's not allowed in our system.  There is a private clinic I can try.  It's expensive, but I really don't care at this point.  But because private clinics are not technically legal, they are few and far between, so I'll have to travel at least an hour.  you are absolutely right about the worry making the hormone issues worse.  It's a loop.  When my hormones are out of whack my anxiety is heightened, and as my anxiety gets worse my cortisol spikes and messes up my hormones even more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.