Always think I'm having a heart attack

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey Yall, so I've been trying to manage my anxiety but whenever I do get an episode I think I'm having a heart attack. Im a 23 year old girl, I know the odds are highly unlikely. But when you have anxiety you get really worked up and stressed which could cause a heart attack. Does anyone else feel like this? Please help, I don't wanna scare myself even more.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

An anxiety attack can't cause a heart attack. My CBT lady has promised me that! She said that if panic caused death, the human race would have died out years ago.

The fight or flight response which is activated during a panic attack is there to protect us, not harm us. If the circumstances were real, that adrenalin rush would help us run faster, hear better, see better etc. BUT because we're not using it and don't need it, it causes is scary horrible sensations instead!

• Posted

Story of my life! Ive literally been to the ER 20 times (yes 20) in the last year! Ive had ekgs, blood work, chest xrays, an echo, stress echo (2yrs ago), 30 day event monitor and even a cardiac calcium score, which turned out to be a 0. I STILL CANT get my mind to believe its just anxiety. I always think the Drs are missing something. Im "trying" to work through this by seeing a Psychologist. I just want to be "normal" again....I hope you start feeling better soon! smile
  • Posted

I feel this way constantly. My anxiety and panic get so bad it makes me believe I'm having tons of heart attack symptoms. I talk myself down from it for a few minutes. Anxiety is such an awful thing to experience. Mine has been so out of control since July 1. Two er visits and a Dr visit and all say anxiety. It's frustrating BC your brain makes you feel like there's a bigger under lying issue. Ugh
  • Posted

I feel the same way also. I've been to the ER about 15 times in the last 6 months. I also convince myself that I'm having a heart.attack. I've had all the test they all come back Normal but I always fear it nonetheless. I just want to feel normal again and stop running from this uneasy feeling I have all day.
    • Posted

I'm so sick of it. It's gotten so bad lately that I haven't had a good day in 2 weeks and I'm pregnant so all these hormones are making them 10 times worse!
  • Posted

Oh yes I feel like this constantly. I'm constantly checking my heart rate, bp, and feeling my chest. I also deep breathe to see if I'm getting any pains.

I just went to see another primary care doc today because I don't like mine. And she showed me all my blood test, urine results and she explained everything to me. God I love her. Shy put my mind at ease, and by going by her words or encouragement I am trying to stop thinking negative.

She referred me to a cardiologist even tho she doesn't believe I need to see one, she hopes that it will pit me at ease. My regular doc wouldn't budge.

But yes I do get these feelings and it's tough to get through some days.

• Posted

I'm glad I'm not alone in this! Thank you everyone for your help! I really appreciate it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.