Am I back to SQ 1?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all ive been on the mend for around a month now but yesterday my anxiety was triggered and I feel ive just gone back sq #1, it's my daughters 21st tomorrow so I'm not going to say anything but am at psychiatrists tomorrow morning so will mention it. I do hope ive not gone backwards and this is a blip and things will click back into place but at the moment I could just cry. Due back to start work on a phased return Monday so I'm now really anxious about that now but will go.

Some reassurance would be a boost. N

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Don't panic! These blips do happen. You will have good days and bad days, but over time the good days will outweigh the bad. 

Could it be that subconsciously the thought of going back to work is causing it? Be sure that you aren't rushing back before you are ready, as this won't help, but rather hinder your recovery.

However, at the same point, remember that it is natural to be anxious about returning to work after a period of absence, so don't expect to not feel any worry when it comes to going back.

I hope that you feel better soon and that tomorrow is a better day.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.