Am i depressed?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, my name is Elma. I'm 17. And i come from Indonesia so i am really sorry for my bad english.

These days, i just got so much things on my mind. And when someone asked me, i don't know where to start explaining these things. What I've been dealing through 3 months are confusion, always feeling down, cry a lot, uncontrollable anger, and losing concentration. It feels like i am useless and i don't get what's the point of my life. also, these days, i feel like i am too afraid to go out, too scared of people's thoughts about me, too scared that the society can't accept me. I am fat and short, i don't have friend, i am in gap year, i am having a lame joke, sometimes feel like can't talk at all, can't express my feelings, too afraid to make other people become misunderstood of my words. Too much things, i can't handle it. It's killing me, have been thinking about comitting suicide few months ago, but also have no guts to do that. i can't do anything, i don't know how to change or where to start a change, i am just. too confused of my life. so sorry, it's too much. but please help me, what do you guys thinking of what i've been faced for months

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Ok, I feel so very bad for you!

First of all, we all look different. If you are heavy, so what! You are still a beautiful person.

Have you sought professional help?

You are very young, are you pressured from school studies?

Do you have access to a dr, school counselor, or school hot line?

You will need to talk and express your feelings to let it out.

Like I said previously, you are so young, but that doesn’t stop depression.

Depression and low self esteem are dangerous. They play with your mind. Make you think things that you normally would not.

Can you go to a professional? 

Did something happen to you to make you feel like this?

Please try to find professional help.

You can always come back here for support. It always helps to talk it out. The people in this group have great ideas and advice.

• Posted

Hi Elma,

From what you have described, I think you are suffering from depression and you need to get to a doctor for some help. Especially if you are having suicidal thoughts!

I've found this site good to be able to talk to other people in similar situations, the sharing and talking is helping me a lot. Hopefully it can be of similar use to you!

I think your grasp of English is pretty good (far better than any attempt I could make at an Indonesian language!)

Matt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.