Am I depressed? Please Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am a 16 year old girl who is curious about depression.. I attend a very competitive school so my parents are constantly nagging me about grades. I am defiantly not the smartest kid at my school and I struggle with my grades. I get very emotional when my parents or friends bring up my grades. Most people at my school are aware that I am not very smart and often get looked down upon because of it. I am convinced it is a memory issue because I cant seem to ever remember material I have learned in the past like everyone else.  I suffer from bad acne, (compared to my friends) do not come from family of wealth, socially awkward (occasional stutter) and dont have my drivers license.. the list goes on. I have really bad anxiety which sometimes causes me to get sick (vomit). I am not sure if I am just an emotional person or depressed- I cry constantly even over the littlest things. I know I should be very grateful for what I have but I can never seem to look at it that way.  I sometimes loose focus and zone out over suicidal thoughts. I dont find the point in hurting myself but have tried it before. I sometimes wonder if it worth living because of the struggles I face (I know dramatic). Is my stutter, bad memory, vomiting and depression a brain issue? Am I just an emotional person or should seek help?

I know I went into great detail but I want to find a solution to this problem. Thanks so much!

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You sound as if you may need some help all to often young people get stressed out due to peer pressure ! Have you got a student councillor or someone you can speak to ! Do your parents listen to your concerns have you tried talking to them if not try they.maybe glad you spoke.to them and shared it with them ! Dont bottle it up ,after trying the above it might be worth seeing your doctor if for nothing else get some advice your very young to start taking  medication which should always be a last resort due to problems you may have starting meds !i hope you get the help you need good luck.
  • Posted

Hi I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a tough time at the moment. There are so many symptoms for depression which could also be symptoms of something else. I would suggest you go to a GP that you can talk to or look on line for mental health organisations that you can refer yourself to to get the help and support you need. I think you have been very mature in writing how you feel and seeking support and help it is not easy when you feel as you do. If you need to talk the samaritans and child line are excellent.  I wish I could do more for you hang on in there you won't feel like this forever. If you feel like it let me know how you get on. :smile
  • Posted

As a 16 year old this sounds more common than you might think. It sounds like you are finding life pretty hard at the moment. The best way to help that is to have a close friend to talk to, Because You need to open up to someone so that they can help you properly.

Good luck! I hope you're feeling better soon smile

• Posted

I should seek some professional medical help and see where you go from there

Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.