Am i experiencing panic attacks?

Posted , 5 users are following.

This happens for 10mins i wasnt stressed or scared and had plenty to drink and eat. Also i dont have anxiety and am quite confident

first time i was in my figure skating lesson and started to feel really faint and hot, in the space of not even 2 minutes i started going really dizzy and lights were flashing in my eyes and i was really disoriented.obviously started panicing and my teacher had to hold me to get me off the ice. Although i diddnt pass out (because i could hear and was stood up with help) it felt like i had, because I couldn't remember seeing anything for that minute were i had been taken off the ice. After about 10minuits i was fine just really shakey and scared.

Ok so the second time this happened was about 4months after the first time. I was at college and had a really small migraine. Next minute i feel hot and dizzy like im going to throw up. So i ask to go to the toilet, (about 2meters from my class) but by the time i got inside i had the disoriented feeling again and fell into the wall (its like the room is on its side and moving)by this point all i can remeber is walking into the classroom saying im Guna faint and i also couldnt hear out of my ears (they were both muffled) i put my head on my desk and closed my eyes (although i diddnt pass out i belive if i stayed standing I definitely would have) after 5mins i was taken downstairs were the lights in eyes flashing again) then after 10 mins i was ok then then Basically i check with my doctor who wasnt to worried as it had only happened twice and said that she thinks it is just really bad migraines.

So more recently it has happened again just not as badly. One time was were i was on a bus with my boyfriend and i felt the sick and dizzyness (this sound stupid but i can kind of feel when its going to happen i think) so i just put my head on my knee and diddnt speak and after 5mins it went away. I was still shaking but basically ive found that the best treatment is to close my eyes and not speak. The same thing happened again today just like on the bus but not as bad as the other times x

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

to me its sounds like panic attack.. mine started likr this. i would recommend you to start doing some meditation and other relaxation techniques as if left untreated it can become severe.. i wont wish it even on my enemy to have anxiety as its symptoms takes ur life away.. i ignored my initial symptoms for full 7 months n now m regretting.. please make sure you eat health, dont skip meals, stay hydrated, dont worry about future (if u r ), reduce alcohol n caffeine.. u'll be fine

wish you good health xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

sorry about typing mistakes i made. i forgot to add fix your sleeping habits if they r bad. its very important to get good night sleep 😊

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah ive been writing down when they happen although the symptoms are no were near as bad as the fisrt time! Its just really scary, i could probably get more sleep to be honest
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It could be panic attacks, but i also get this way when my body is extremely dehydrated or low on sugar.. Each time you have these episodes, did you have enough sugar in your body, or was that only for the first one?? I really dont think it is anyrhing to worry about, worst case scenario your body just needs some extra sugar or youre having bad panic attacks.. Is there anything similar in the situations? Certain people that stress you out, on your way to somewhere you dont want to be, nervous about something there, etc?
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up