Am i going backwards?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on serttraline for 28 weeks exactly + it started to kick in 3 days ago-i even went back to work.Went to docs on day 28 -he's very plsd at my progress however on day 29 (today) i feel awful -same as i did 2 weeks ago.Anyone had this? Shld i go back to docs?No anxiety thank god.

1 like, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi sugarloaf

I had this experience with citalopram, was so disheartened. I'm now 7 weeks in and EVERY DAY for the past 3 weeks has been a good day. It's all settled. It really is a rollercoaster just bear with it. If you get to the 8 week mark and feel unsettled still, go back to the doc.

x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi holly_t, so is there a poss to feel crap for the next 4 weeks? it was rather good feeling well -or does one get the odd off day?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think I'm having better days and bad days but no great days yet.

My doc says 6-8 weeks and I do hope so because I'd hate to start all again on another medication.

This feels like it's been going on forever. I did 8 week on another med that sent my anxiety through the roof and I'm coming up to 4 week on this new med.

Im trying to be patient but it's hard and frustrating and scary. I know exactly how you are feeling xxx

I do hope things get better for the both of us soon xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi i Think it's normal. Drugs can take up to ten weeks too fully work. As long as your seeing some positive signs then I would stay on it. It is completely normal to have a worsening of symptoms at the start to and this can carry on for weeks and weeks. Hang in there.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes it's normal to be up and down for a long time. You can have a few good days then a bad week. It's takes a really long time for the medication to reach a stable level in your blood stream. I'm on prozac and am on week five and still am very up and down. It's a really tough ride. If you cant stand it talk to your doctor.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi gillian20097, what r they ? See when i started to feel 70% again after 4 wks i thought hey this is it,no more side effects,eating well,etc but now feel like i'm at sq one again -v.disheartening.Do i now aim for 8wks to get proper well?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm struggling with knowing the answers also chick. 

I was on Citalopram because I used them years ago and they worked but they didn't this time and I gave them 8 weeks.

Im now on Mirtazapine and I think the only thing they are doing for me is helping me sleep. Everybody says they eat like a horse and pile weight on with the,I haven't,in fact I'm still losing weight sad 

Im also feeling less desperate I suppose so many they are slowly beginning to work. Idk.

Its awful isn't it. You just want your life back and you feel ready to take it back but the depression and anxiety has different ideas xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up