Am I going to die?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ive been suffering with panic attacks for 2 months now but only last night I had a really bad attack that dint feel like a panic attack it felt like something worse and im scared im going to die soon. I was lying in my bed on my back when all of a sudden I felt like blood wasnt getting to my right arm I felt pain and sat up I looked at my arms and all my veins on both arms we bulging out it was so scary looking. my heart started pounding really hard I taught it was gonna burst my chest was flushed red aswell as my face I was so scared I had to sleep with my light on.

Im 19 years old, a smoker and not very healthy

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen a doctor lately? I mean not that I think you need one, but it's always best to get checked and can also put your mind at ease.. Smoking and unhealthy foods will almost always make anxiety worse.. All of those symptoms I have seen during my panic attacks, so it was probably just a horrible attack. When it happens, try putting a really cold wash cloth on your face and neck.. It'll shock you a bit and slow the heart rate while also taking your mind off of the panic a bit.

• Posted

Sounds like textbook panic to me, Daniel. That sense of "impending doom" is a very common symptom. Talk with your GP about your experiences. Have your parents take you, or if you're in school or Uni seem your campus health center for help. They may order some tests to be done just to rule out anything serious. But at 19 there's hardly any risk of having complications, even if you smoke. 

Try to stay positive. And if you can, quit smoking and take up some exercise. But do it slowly and don't push yourself too hard. All will be okay. 

Best wishes 

• Posted

Daniel

If you are lying on the bed and the room is warm your artries will sometimes stand out especially if you are male. My Artries are like a womans and do not show up. So you are lucky when they take my bloods it is like getting it out of a stone.

If you feel the need discuss it with your GP although it does sound like Anxiety.

Happy New Year

BOB

• Posted

You experienced a panic attack. They are not comfortable to say the least. It is an adrenaline rush and you biologically felt the cause and effect of it, it wont kill you at all but it sure does play a lot of mind games with fear. Get yourself a book on anxiety disorders or even better any anxiety workbook so you become familiar and aware of whats happening and things to do to self calm.
  • Posted

I'm 21 and recently started having panic attacks and it's the worst and uncontrollable, but honestly it's all in your head. Whenever it starts trust me take a walk outside if you can! Also drink tea calm down watch TV keep yourself entertained and don't think and if your mind can't help it take that walk and you'll see how fast it will be gone atleast for that moment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.