am I having a heart attack?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been weak for 2 days and when I woke up today my neck was killing, and I've been having palpations. I feel like I'm having a heart attack right now I can't stop worry I feel like I'm about to have a heart atrack or a panic attack sad help

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen a dr recently? I say when in doubt go ahead and go get checked just to be on the safe side. However if you are experiencing some stress this can trigger anxiety and a anxiety attack does indeed feel like a heart attack. I know it's landed me in the er at least 3 times this past year, however I'm slowly dealing with my anxiety. Hope you get feeling better I'm here if you need to talk
  • Posted

Your not having a heart attack, just as you didn't have the stroke you were worried about yesterday. Your going to have to be proactive and see a Dr about anxiety, or you'll just go down a list of things your scared you might have. Panic attacks are common, but tend to sneak up quickly typically. Your worrying because your anxious. Stop googling too as I said yesterday, youll just tie yourself up in knots
    • Posted

Thankyou jmc yeah suppose I didn't have a stroke yesterday but anxiety makes these horrible illnesses feel so real and I'm having counselling soon I'm glad to let you know smile
    • Posted

I think I have depersonalization and depression also I always feel so weird and question the things I do is this normal sad
    • Posted

Anxiety sure does,we've all been there,its one of the worst parts of it. If your in the UK then really do give breathing space a call,they are a free helpline staffed with therapists and councillors. They know what they are talking about and it does help.
    • Posted

Yeah I'm in England I'll do that tommorow thankyou for your reasurrence
    • Posted

They are open 6pm to 2am,I think they are Scottish based but it's fine to call them from anywhere
  • Posted

I'm going to have to agree you may need to talk to s dr or counselor about what's going on especially if this is becoming an all the time thing
  • Posted

I read your reply so you didn't have a heart attack but anyone who has chest

pain should go to an ER or call his/her primary physician.  Palpatations could be

anxiety but with neck pain sounds serious. Something like that needs to be

checked out with a doctor but sounds as though you are okay now and

getting counseling.  Glad to hear it.

• Posted

It also has to be measured with ongoing conditions, otherwise everyone with anxiety would end up in accident and emergency. I think generally a serious set of symptoms occur regardless of anxiety and just have to be thought about sensibly. As you say always check on first instance with a Dr,but try to believe them when they say we're ok
  • Posted

Hi john, anxiety triggers fears and palpations. If you really fear a heart condition, I would suggest you seeing a Doctor, after all it is better to deal than keep thinking about a certain situation.  

P.S. To relieve the worry part, just recall a situation which made you panic last time but proved out to be a false alarm as you came out unharmed. 

Take Care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.