Am I hoping for too much?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been on cit for 12 weeks today, 6 weeks at 10mgs, 5 weeks at 15 and 1week at 20. Yesterday afternoon evening felt like I was back to myself, today is a different matter, side effects, no motivation and mild anxiety, don't want to be at home, don't want to be at work! Is it too soon for the new increase to be stable and take affect? Still very up and down even from hour to hour

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Every time you start a new dose is like starting again...
    • Posted

I know, I know just I am so "done" with this now! It is so cruel, gives you a glimpse of what good use to be then takes it away. Still onwards and upwards, tomorrow is another day.

• Posted

Hi sue, 

I would think it’s definitely to early. You increased from 15 to 20 only 1 week ago.

Will😎

• Posted

Yes I know you are right, just, as I suppose with all of us, it is the having patience and not letting the frustration of quite good days followed by not so good days get to us.
  • Posted

That's normal - its how recovery works.  You'll probably find this evening you might feel fine again.  Those glimpses of feeling normal will come and go - it means the meds are working and not the other way round.

K x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I lurk more then respond on here and the reassurance from yourself and all the other lovely peeps on here sure gives me hope. I work in a GP surgery and the Dr's are also very good but sometimes you just need to hear it from fellow suffers

• Posted

Yes always good to get 'first hand' account from people who've suffered - nobody knows what this is like until they've had it.

But do hang on in there - it really does take a long time and you often don't see any improvement for ages, though some people don't recognise when it starts either.

You'll get there xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.