Am I infected with HIV?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 45 years old male. I got an injection for small throat problem ten weeks back. In the third week after that I got intermittent slight raise in body temperature especially in the evenings for four days. On 24th day I noticed a small pea nut sized round pimple like thing on my penile ring.(no itch, no pain, same color like penis head, no puss). It became small to a pepper size within a day and vanished in one week. I took Oflaxacin+Oridazole tablets and Pantaprazole40mg tablets for this. During the sixth week I got very much anxious and sleepless and got fatigue in day time especially after lunch and evenings.. On 42nd day I noticed some rashes about 10 nos at the center of my chest (no itch, no pain, pink to red in color, barely or slightly raised and having one peaked pimple on each. They vanished in three days. I doubt the rashes might be present earlier as I couldn't notice due to the hairs in my chest. Are the above indicate symptoms of HIV ARS? (I ask this because I doubt the use unclean syringe during my injection)  

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You wouldn't have had a contaminated needle injected in you. This cannot happen in any medical setting in the civilized world. Used needles are Inserted in bio hazard bins always. The packaging also makes them single use. .. Lastly you are not describing ARS symptoms . These are normal occurrences amplified by anxiety

• Posted

Thanks Randall40 for your reply.....  I consolled myself like that only. because I'm not sexually active. But the rashes only made me much worried....

• Posted

unclean syringe is not used these days. what country your from? 

HIV testing is done routinely, have you got tested? 

It could be genital herpes. have STD test. The medicines you took, are those prescribed?

• Posted

I'm from Inida. The medicines I took was prescribed by the doctor only. I'm not sexually active. I didn't took nay HIV or STd tests.

• Posted

The only way to know if its HIV is by HIV lab test. 

HIV may not give any symptoms in a healthy adult for years or decades if the person is healthy. 

• Posted

Dear Anxious,  The HIV virus needs fresh blood to survive.  Dirty needles are a different issue.  But the HIV virus can not live more and a few seconds exposed to oxygen.  Who, or what, gave you the injection?  Have you checked with them?/her?
    • Posted

I had the injection from a registered medical practioner only.... I'm from India.. he said the syringe and needle was new... But I didn't see the cover of the syringe being opened..

• Posted

Let's assume the needle was used... ( which its likely it was not) then the answer still remains no. As Dave told you HIV is inactivated by air, simply put it can't survive in inanimate objects like needles. The fresh blood wouldn't be there. Your rash could be many things that a dermatologist can help you with . Since your not sexually active you can rule out Sti

• Posted

Your penile bumps are common as well post likely papule which many of us have.
  • Posted

If you've got rashes and things happening down there go to a sexual health clinic, the records are seperate from your general health records and they will be the best people to advise including an HIV test if you want to be sure as well as treating warts and making sure it's nothing else

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.