Am i not eating enough???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have been on these tabs for a week now, and have been sooooo good....

I have exercised every other day to a good sweat, and eaten low fat meals all week.

In fact, I have only eaten about 15-25g of fat per day, and no more than 15g per meal. Actually i've rarely got about 10 in any one meal! and about 13-1400 calories a day max.

Just weighed myself and i've only lost just one pound, and I am so disappointed i could cry.

I have done WW and SW before and normally on my first week of being good, i have lost anything between 4-8 pound, never anything less!

I just feel like all the hard work has been pointless now sad

I'm just feeling like giving up already, as i feel so disheartened with such a slow start

sad

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

has there been a gap between you doing sw or ww and then the blues? usually with most sorts of dieting you loose a considerable amount initially then it peters out to 1-2lbs a week, if you have gone from one diet to another then you may not have that initial easy weight to budge.

there have been people on here in the past who havent lost much initially but in the following weeks have seen a bigger loss, i would certainly recommend sticking at it for 2 months, its been suggested before that some packs may not be effective (or duff...) but i dont know if theres any truth in it.

just remember that even 1lb off is better than on and hope for more over the next few weeks smile keep at it and good luck

• Posted

Hi, no, there has been a big gap between dieting... i went all out at xmas, knowing that I would be starting these in January, so my diet has changed drastically in the last week, so I would have expected the bigger loss.

Even if the tablet were duff, the fact that I have been so controlled with my eating should surely have shifted some of the weight I wouldhave thought!

I will give it a few more weeks to see how it goes. I guess I'm just concerned I'm not eating enough fat now. I'm not a big eater anyway, so I am struggling to eat my recommended allowance of fat. When I was on WW, I could at least eat the normal fat stuff, and stay within my points and feel full... i just wasn't controlled enough to carry it on, and was too easy for me to cheat!

• Posted

if you just need to up the fat intake a little could you swap something like milk or spread for a fattier alternative i.e skimmed milk to semi skimmed etc?
  • Posted

Hello,

I think your carrying fluid from exercising.

I have been on Reductil and these previosuly. I stopped these a few years ago after 2 months of hell. I joined Weight watchers and lost 3 and a half stone. I have now put 2 back on and am now following WW and taking these. I don't follow the fat intake levels, all I do is stick to my points, I do experience the orange slightly but its manageable. I've lost a stone on these so far so I would say stick with it.

I have to be honest I don't exercise, when I did the scales looked worse!

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Bigmummy,

I agree wth the previous post about excercise (not enough knowledge of pills yet as only started Monday) but with excercise I have.

I have put somewhere else - I do slimming world and normally combine with gym - one week i did 3 45 min sessions in the gym - proper cardio stuff - burning over 500-600 calories per session. That week lost zero!!! The next week did more or less exact food, but 1 gym sess, 1 swim and 1 aerobics class - and lost 2-3 pounds. If you go overboard on cardio you will build musle which is heavier than fat - thats why they always tell you to measure yourself - have you done this? Maybe this week you have lost size around your legs, waist, tum etc? And I bet next week you loose more than you think - keep at it

smile

• Posted

hello

i to started last week and i have gained 3 pounds!i felt like crying!

i have eaten

2 slices ww brown breas toasted

1 bowl special k with skimmed milk

jacket potato

cottage cheese with pineapple

1 muller lite

apple

orange

banana

marshmalows

chicken breast with all vegtables

tea with sweetner skimmed milk

i often swap lunch for tomatoes on toast or scrammbled egg!!

i feel so disheartend,as for gaining weight threw exercise you would have to be a body builder or athlete competing profesionaly to gain muscle as weight,its just a rumour us normal people gain weight threw muscle(i work in a gym)

just need a little help i think

kind regards sue xx

• Posted

Hi your menu sounds very similar to mine, so I know exactly how you feel!

I did measure myself at the start, and doesnt look like my measurements have changed much at all, so doesn't look like anything has happened this week!

Like I said, will give it a few weeks and see how I go, but feel very disheartened, as had read so many good stories on here, so was confident I would do well.... sad

roll on next week... :cry:

• Posted

btw, thank you for all your replies xxx
  • Posted

Hi,

I am in exactly the same boat, i have been on the tablets for exactly a week now, have to admit havent got round to uping my exercise yet but i def stuck to the fat allowance and the guildlines e.g no more than 30g of fat a day and nomore than 15g in one meal. I jumped on the scales and I have only lost 1 pound.

I was a big eater of takeaways so I have really changed my eating habits this week and to lose only pound I feel very dishearted.

The only thing I have concerns about is that one of the side affects is needing to the loo more often as your body is gettin rid of the fat, i am def not seeing an increase and quite possibly maybe a decrease. Is this normal?

• Posted

[quote:710d651d30=\"bigmummy\"]Hi, I have been on these tabs for a week now, and have been sooooo good....

I have exercised every other day to a good sweat, and eaten low fat meals all week.

In fact, I have only eaten about 15-25g of fat per day, and no more than 15g per meal. Actually i've rarely got about 10 in any one meal! and about 13-1400 calories a day max.

Just weighed myself and i've only lost just one pound, and I am so disappointed i could cry.

I have done WW and SW before and normally on my first week of being good, i have lost anything between 4-8 pound, never anything less!

I just feel like all the hard work has been pointless now sad

I'm just feeling like giving up already, as i feel so disheartened with such a slow start

sad[/quote:710d651d30]

I didn't seem to lose any weight the first week but have been back to the nurse today, my 14th day, and have actually lost 6lbs, to be honest think the snow helped as have had to do a lot more walking than normal.

I told the nurse I was surprised as certainly didn't feel like I had lost any weight and she, as some else has already said, said that it is probably just fluid that I have lost at the moment.

I also told her that I didn't think I was eating enough fat but she said any fat I did take in would be affected by the tablets and as the weight has shifted to carry on and go back in 2 weeks.

I personally, as prescribed the tablets by the doctor, am not going to take much notice of my scales, Wii fit at home and only go by the weigh in's at the doctor's as all scales have a variance in them. Also as the GP prescribed I feel it is their duty to help me on this weight loss programme and keep updated records on how I and my body are doing. Nurse will keep a check on my blood pressure and I intend to go fortnightly to be weighed and discuss diet and any problems I may have.

Give yourself and your body a chance to get used to the diet change and make an appt to see your surgeries nurse for help, information and encouragement

• Posted

its normal to be constipated especially in the first few wks when taking the blues, you can take senakot to relieve it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.