Am i over doing it.

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am coming up to 6 weeks post op for a PKR and i was beating myself up before i came across this forum, thinking i was not doing very well.

I guess it is listening to other people who say they have done better.

At 4 weeks my bend was 110° the pain is manageable. I cannot take ibuprofen so just co codamol and paracetamol. Sleeping at night is hit

Miss as the nerves just seem to go haywire at 2 in the morning. I have had to help look after my grandchildren a day a week so try to rest when i can.

The swelling can be a problem sometimes and i ice it and elevate it but i have just started to walk without a crutch for about 10 mins out side. The

Problem i seem to he having st the moment is i start to limp if i walk for longer than the 10 mins. I am due back to work in a weeks time and have to

Take 2 buses. Not sure why it gets stiff and i limp

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

way to early to go back to work !!! .these ops are no joke and have to be taken seriously .there is no fast tracking your way back to health ,it will take time im afraid .limping after the 10min walk i would say is because the knee is telling you im tired!!        listen to it   going out for walks is great keep them short till you are stronger go for two short walks rather than one long walk      .  helping out with gran kids at this stage is alot to ask of you .i know at 6wks i could not have managed my grandchild !! you need to rest at intervals during the day to get you feeling better. i dont think anybody should even consider going back to work before 12wks thats if you have a sitting job and can get up often to walk around ,if your job is one that you are on your feet for hours at a time then you should take off lot longer as you will not be able for it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.