Am I overreacting or just crazy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Don't Know what to do anymore,its been 1 Year now since my panic attacks and anxiety began. Last year when they started I knew what was happening. This year my family and I went through a flood which was a stressful time. Right before the flood my panic attacks began along with the panic attacks my body started to hurt as well. My stomach started bothering me off and on in which my doctor sent me for a gallbladder ultrasound which came out fine. 2 years ago I've had vein treatment but it never bothered me or was on my mind after the procedure was done. All of a sudden since my anxiety when my legs start hurting my thoughts run wild and I start thinking it's a blood clot. With this crazy thought about blood clot I ran to the vein clinc twice which the Dr did a full scan and said both times I was ok. This is my left leg I am talking about which in 2005 I had a car accident and my leg was injured. I have lots of twitching in both legs but mainly the left leg which scares me. Earlier this year I did some leg presses thinking that I needed more muscles in my leg, I am thinking because of this it's the reason behind the leg pain and twitches. In April of this year I went to the ER with severe back pain, I was given an xray and said it was muscle spasms. I went to ER again with headaches and was given a CT which was also fine. I was give muscle relaxers and meds for anxiety but don't want to take any because I am a nervous reck.Up to last night I was experiencing leg pain which the pain is always up to the back of my neck and left arm. I have twitches in arms and head, pulling in my face which my dentist earlier this year said that I needed a crown and the tooth was about to hit a nerve. I am sick and tired of these crazy thoughts of aneurysms, bloodclots, and strokes. I need my life back, I am tired of complaining to people and about now I think they are sick of hearing me. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried CBT? I'm currently awaiting an appointment but it's supposed to really help with anxiety attacks.

I've been having panic attacks for 10 years now so know you're not alone x

• Posted

Hi  Dannie, they did do one in the ER and said everything was fine, but my mind is still not at ease. I pray everyday to be normal again.
    • Posted

Hi Dannie,

Are u taking any meds in the last 10 years? How are u dealing with it? Mine started exactly a year ago.

• Posted

Oh yes you suffer from health anxiety,and it  is so dibilitating. We do have pain from stress, I always have pain in  back, legs, goes on and on. I know with health anxiety your afraid of meds too, but  they can feel like a life saver. I know for me it gave me my life back. I was really bad with anxiety and panic,that was controling my life 24/7 for years. This can go on your whole life,with every symptom in the book. Because you are scared of taking a antidepressant,take half a pill to start,and when you realize it won't kill you then take a whole. You will soon feel better. I will be on meds for life but am fine with that because I was not living before. xxo

• Posted

Hi Kimberly, I think I do suffer from health anxiety, when it comes to the meds I think of all the side effects and then think to myself with the pain I am already having I don't want to take them and then start thinking they are adding on to the pains and weird sensations I am feeling. I will take your advice and take half the pill because someone told me the same thing. Thanks for replying

• Posted

Yes clara I too have health anxiety I too feel pain and cramping in my left leg and upper thigh I too thought I had a blood clot and was going to die I have the muscle spasms according to my doctor because my body is so tense its make my muscles tight I also dont want to take meds because of all the side affects I started having my panic attacks a year ago I passed out and my doctor could not find the cause so this and my everyday stressors made things worst I went to a cardiologist because I thought I was having a heart attack all my test came out fine I have been having problems with my stomach and with heartburn which bring me back to me thinking its my heart I also feel my heart skip beats here and there what I want to say is that I understand how you feel no that it will get better try therapy it helps me I have not started taking meds yet I am trying to cope without it but its very difficult but dont give up because your not alone
    • Posted

Thanks Lakisha, this anxiety has really changed my life. I try to feel normal most days and bam here goes anxiety taunting me. I am not used to taking meds, I mostly do a lot of herbal teas to help out. I am thankful that the panic attacks have given me a break but the other symptoms is whats scary. I know there are many people out there dealing with anxiety and this is one of the places we can talk about it with each other. I am happy to have found this site where other people can relate to what I am going through and can be of some comfort to me. I will also try the therapy to see if that helps, and also a sports doctor about my leg which my DR recommended.
  • Posted

Sounds like health anxiety. Try first if you ever experience pain do not google it! That makes it worse. Push yourself and trick your brain to think it's just a spasm or pain and if it continues after a week then think about going to the doctor. Like right now I had a headache. I know it's not a stroke or tumor but if my headache last too long I'll think about going to the doctor.

Please now I am not saying you are not experiencing no pain it's real it's there and hurts but your mind is expecting the worst turn that off.

Be strong and I hope this helps.

Jeremiah

• Posted

Thanks Jeremiah it always helps to get advice and encouragement from others. With whats going on  I have tried numerous of times to ignore the leg pain and have also tried telling myself its from the car accident I had years ago. It's not severe to the point I can't walk but it is annoying,right now as I am typing I feel slight pain, this has been keeping me up at nights because it worries me. I amalso waiting around for my appointment which is on th 18th of this month so I can go to see a orthopedic DR to have xrays taken and try to find out the cause of whats going on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.