Am I the only one !!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Where do I start im sophie im 21

Starting feel the sense of not breathing and as If I was forgetting to breath it was going on for weeks then the insane feeling came wondering if what I was feeling is normal am I normal? Should I tell someone? All these worrying things popping into my head what if I'm mad what if I'm having a stroke because soon as I feel as thought im forgetting to breath my arm goes numb my my fingers tingle enough was enough I saw my gp got told I have aniexty but I feel alone does anyone else know thus feeling ? Although my family don't understand or anyone for that matter ??? Had loads of tests to make sure actually okay and I am just panic attacks and aniexty feelings all the time I found this and I'm so happy to see others who get what I get too please any info or tips to help would be greatful for xxxx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hey sophie, that all sounds very familiar of anxiety in general, it can do such terrible things to us. the most important thing is as distressing as it is - its nor harming you in any way! maybe talking to your doctor about ways to deal with anxiety could help, either medication or therapy or both - whatever works for you. try not to worry too much - which seems impossible i know, but ure not alone!
  • Posted

Just to know there's more people out there who are feeling same as me is helping me to know I'm not alone I have spoken to doctor told me to try kalms and go to a breathing group as don't want to give me anything else yet x
  • Posted

well just remember your the one in charge, not your doctor - if you want to speak to a therapist before settling on possible medication, then they should arrange that for you
  • Posted

Hi Sophie,

You're not the only one. I feel the same way and my bestfriend too. She's been bad enough that she's driven herself to the emergency room so many times that she sometimes sits in the parking lot until the feeling passes. Best advice is to talk to someone - probably a therapist who can teach you coping techniques. Sometimes an overall approach like limiting caffeine, sugar and any processed foods along with either walking or yoga as well as therapy can help you better cope. Worse case scenario is you use low dose meds to control it. Most of all keep reaching out when you feel bad and know that you are NOT the only one.

• Posted

Yes ty so much just to talk to people who.understand is so nice to know I'm not alone my doctor has referred me to a breathing group ad im taking kalms which do take edge off and also I told my mum which helped x
  • Posted

Your definately not alone with these feelings. I get shallow breathing too and like you feel like I'm going to forget to breath. Tranquilers that are prescribed maker feel worse as I feel it slows my heart more. The one thing that has helped lately is reading all the help and advice on here.( I only joined last week) but its very reassuring when you her other stories you can relate too. There are so many different symptoms of anxiety and I struggled to accept that there isn't more wrong with me but I know focussing on the problems only make them worse. Easier said than done I know but try not to worry yourself sick. I've warm myself lately worry about everything and anything
  • Posted

I have realised that worrying is harder to stop then actually the panic attacks them self's but honestly ty all because I felt so. Alone which was making me worse now I have people who understand how im feeling can relate too x
  • Posted

I'm going to the doctors for the first time tomorrow and I found that exercise helps. It just makes you feel better about yourself. Also telling people works. I thought it was embarrassing at first but talking does help smile
  • Posted

I get the forget to breath thing also, mostly when aim trying to fall asleep while feeling anxious. Like a gasped breath almost x
  • Posted

Yes I found yoga has helped me alot and my doctor did help.once I finally told them asking for help is the biggest and bravest move in the right direction I think good luck at doctors hun !

Yes falling asleep is a nightmare some times but trying to tell ur self it's all fine is harder

• Posted

Hi Sophie

Within the last few days on this site, the talk has been of numb, tingling sensations, along with breathing problems...so you are not alone. Thankfully, you have told your Mum, and maybe it would be a good idea to let her read some of the comments on the anxiety sites. If SOMEBODY close to you understands how you feel, they can help you through. You say you are 21, and strangely over the years I have met and talked to people whose symptoms started in late teens or early twenties. (I also know this only too well)!

Try to be positive and if necessary (if your doctor finally agrees) take low dose medication. It sometimes takes time to find one that suits you, but they do help most people.

Try to be positive, and talk to your family, and read the comments on this site. It all helps. Good Luck!

• Posted

Ty so much everyone honestly to know others suffer the same helps millions x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.