am soo tired of this!

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past couple of days i have been experiencing leg pain in my left leg. It is sometimes my whole leg, but mainly in the middle of it. I also have neck and back pain. I was told its my sciatic nerve messing with me cause my leg bothers me more when im laying and sitting down, but i cant help but think its something worse. Like a blood clot. I have no reason to believe besides my birth control (nexplanon, which i do hate) can cause them and i do smoke. i have no other symptoms. I look up things to much on google and it causes me to freak out and worry more. I do know i need to stop doing so but i cant help it. I was wondering if anyone has or had any experience with sciatic pain and tips on managing worrying thoughts. I have been getting better with my anxiety and i am so grateful for that. This website has deff helped tremendously to. Anyways thank you on advance!

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Is your lower leg swollen? Tight? Red and hot? If not, then it is highly unlikely that you have a DVT sweetie. I have sciatic pain and take co-codamol for it, but my hot water bottle is my best friend.x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No im not experiencing any of those symptoms thankfully. I figured i was worrying for nothing, but im gonna go get checked out at 3:00 today so hopefully ill have some answers then. Ty for your reply and advice smile
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi 

I have ME and am taking Sertraline to help me get through it.

I have noticed that the back of my left leg from calf to upper leg is hurting constantly; it's like cramp. t just wasn't going away. 

I spoke to my doc. and he suggested due to little walking and being on Sertraline; toxins build up but odd that only one leg.

He asked me what I was doing about it and I explained that I was doing stretching exercises, pulling my foot towards me with a straigtht leg. He said, "Perfect, keep it up". If the pain doesn't gett any better, it may be worth coming off Sertraline to see if it is the culprit. So far so good.....no pain.

I am also popping in to the Health centre Spinal drop in clinic to see if physio will help.

I remember having the same pain ages ago and went to see a manipulator, can't remeber which one, like a physio I guess and she said it was caused by skeletal displacement. She gave me 3 sessions on my back, neck and legs and everything went back to normal.

She did say, Have you fallen or slipped because sometimes these things occur after a fall.

Hope you get it sorted.

Perhap contact your GP for a referral.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It's not a nice pain !

Jinny

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for your response and sharing your own experience with me. The pain deff does suck. I hate it. And mine is constant too. I am going to the doctor later today so hopefully will get some insight as to what is going on.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up