Amazing😀

Posted , 9 users are following.

To all the new people .. it's not all doom... I went for my opp . In and out within 2 days .no sickness or the runs or headache or bloating.. Just normal post op tiredness were I had to rest.. I can eat exactly the same as I did before . Cutting out takeaways and fatty foods. Common sense really 🙄some of the story's you read on here could scare you s**tless! But there should be more positive story's like mine .. it's the best thing I ever did and I'm glad I had the opp.. thumbs up to the nhs xx

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well done Louise it's so nice to hear some positive feedback.  I am more petrified of the after effects after reading so many horror stories on this forum than the actual operation.  Please keep us posted of your recovery. It gives me more hope now for when I have my op. X

• Posted

It’s natural to be worried about your operation, but for the vast majority (about 95% of operations) laparoscopic cholecystectomy is a successful surgery. I think most people who have positive outcomes don’t post on these forums! Good luck with yours. 
  • Posted

Yes you’rs is a positive story but why my husband is having pains where they removed the organ  not all the time it’s been six months since the operation 

• Posted

Sorry to here that😟 x touch wood the next 6 months will be plain sailing.

• Posted

You're one of the  lucky ones.  Wish I could say the same.  18 weeks for me and still not back to normal.  Even had 20 acupuncture treatments. Haven't gained any weigh backt. Had to buy all new clothes.  The day when I can eat like I used to and not have any stomach discomfort will be the happiest day of my life.  

• Posted

Congrats louise.

Mine too has been pretty positive experience. I was out the same day i had the op (they wanted to keep me in because of the pain i was in but im a big girl i cant handle a bit of post op pain and my kids needed me-plus u hate hospitals). However, The pain got better after a few days. And the pain was fairly minor after that. Just usual post op pain etc. I have been able to eat anything and everything. Including take aways- completely pain free. Its a liberating feeling! The only things that still affects me a little is cheese- but doesnt cause me pain just sends me right to the loo TMI! The only problem i have is an infection (hasnt caused me pain or anything) so i still believe ive had a positive experience and im very happy i decided to have the darn thing taken out! My life has flavour once again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.