AMD/ Glaucoma

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed early dry AMD/early Glaucoma at the end of 2015. Since then i am using various eye drops for Glaucoma and some vitamins for early dry AMD.

Now I have a question about the adverse effects of elecric bulbs. Here in Pakistan, Energy Savers bulbs were introduced quite some time back in place of old electric bulbs which were being used since long. Now Energy Saver bulbs are also becoming an item of the past as LED bulbs have come in since possibly more than a year back. These changes might have taken place in Europe/ USA etc as wel. What I want to know is whether these new inventions (electric bulbs) are safe for the eyes especialy when the old people like me are already having eye ailments? Any views on it.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yeah, they are safe for eyes. But if you developed AMD, then it will have affect on your eyes regardless. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your response. I will be careful not use them as I have dry AMD also besides Glaucoma

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.