AMIC talus bone transplantation, anyone had?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello there!

I have to decide to try AMIC transplantation or directly a fusion. The AMIC results are not sure and it is very expensive... but if I have the chance to have my life back, I will try. Anyone did this? Any imformation will help me a lot! Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Interesting...that's my "bone of contention" since I broke my ankle back in July of 2016. I'm going to see my orthopedist this Friday coming up about it I've been through 4 months of physical therapy, have an ankle the size of a small egg most of the time, and pain across the top of my foot. Like you, I'd like some answers, too. Please keep in touch and let me know what happens with you. These ankle issues are tricky little buggers!!!

Sincerely,

Kate

• Posted

I got a triple ankle fusion and a big toe fusion and a ligament repair 7 months ago and I am doing great now. My fusion was so that my ankle can't turn in or out. It can move up and down pretty far!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.