Amitripdline advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on 10mg for around 6 to 9 months at night for insomnia and migrane but I want to come off them.

Has anyone done this and how did it go?

I'm scared of what will happen when j do like the side effects. I've not been myself since been on them and have had vision problems (I don't no if down to them) i need advice on the best way to do this x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Numb

10mg of Amytrptalene is a very low dose, I use this medication for Joint nerve damage in my legs etc. It is actually a AD and the advice is take it at night to help sleep. The dose I take is 75mg and they have discussed a reduction for me, although now they have decided toleave it alone.

As I have said its a low dose and if it is helping you to sleep, discuss with your GP and let him make that decision, side effects should be minimal, The way to reduce to off will be a split dose of your nightly dose.That should wean you of in a couple of weeks

BOB

• Posted

What's AD mean? Do u have side affects from it?

• Posted

Hello Numb

Sorry AD stands for Antidepressent, a medication

I do not have any side effects from that medication and I have been on them now for a long time. so good luck and remember we are always around

BOB

• Posted

Why haven't you been yourself. And if you felt that,then why didn't you call your doc and tell him,or her the way it made you feel. It is a low dose. Has it helped your sleep,and migrains.If you want to come off them, then take a half of pill every day for a week, then a half a pill every other day for a week,then stop. Since you have anxiety,I'm sure you will get a lot of symptom's, but it will be in your head. I take 20mg for migrains,and anxiety also. I would never stop taking them without going on something else. Good Luck!!!

• Posted

Yes I believe it helps with sleep and mirgranes I think that fact I sleep better now helps a lot. I just hear so many stories about the pill and the fact I have all these feelings and sensations going on all the while I sort of worried it's to do with that pill I guess when it might not be at all but it's the what if..what if I'm making something actual serious wrong with me by taking it. I hate anxiety I hate the stupid feelings and thoughts in my head. Does 20mg help u with anxiety and migraines? How long have u been on it?

• Posted

I use to have bad migrains,and I woke up one day with bad tension headache that  lasted for 9 yrs. It almost did me in. I went on 60mg Cymbalta,20mg amitriptyline,and it went away,along with my anxiety,and panic. It's been 9 yrs and I have not had a tension headache. When I feel a migraine coming on, I pop 2 Aleve and it usally takes care of it. If not I will take a sumatriptan( migraine med) but for the most part, 2 Aleve is enough.  I don't care how many stories there are. If it could kill ya, they wouldn't give it to ya. Side effects, weight gain,sweating,bruising,or it won't help with your problem. I alway's take at night. Other then the sweating,and bruising,it has really helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.