Amitriptyline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone...I've been on 15mg of amitriptyline for a couple of months now. I was wondering how you all are in the sun? I go to Cyprus in July and love th sun...of course I'd wear 50+ sun block. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you have always been alright in the sun pre-Amitriptyline and wear sunblock then I don't know of a reason why you shouldn't go to Cyprus and enjoy yourself. This drug does however have some stings in it's tail and so if you find you are getting itching accompanied by red/white blisters then know you cannot be in hot sun whilst on it. You could take anit-histamines for 2 weeks before, during and for 2 weeks after your trip to be cautious though. Hope your trip is a good one jody smile

• Posted

Jody

Check the leaflet in the box of this medication. It will explain any warnings you need to consider.

In the past I travelled extensivly throughout the Middle East and visited Cyprus many times, I protected my head with a sun hat and my skin with a good sun block cream. It is imortant however if you go swimming to replenish the cream as soon as you get out of the water. Sometimes it is important you keep out the sun between about 11;30-15;30 where the sun is more intense. Try and limit the time periods of exposure as well, always wear a hat and cover your shoulders and neck.

We love Cyprus, can I come, will go as excess baggage, Lol

BOB

• Posted

Was on it for 10 yrs and never had a problem while on holiday (India, Thailand Africa etc). Shouldn't worry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.