Amitriptyline

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have taken Amitriptyline since 2009 due to back pain and an operation that went wrong. I started at 100 mg now down to 50 mg. I dream every night my only problem is I heat up most of the time. When I eat  main meal I sweat I have tryed to come off the medication but after 2days Im in a terable state.In the week I have 8-9 hrs sleep and at the weekend I can sleep for 12 hrs no problem.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Adrian,  when i was on 10 mg of Amitriptyline i never had any dreams now i am on 5 mg i recall some dreams but still not many. Some people have very strange dreams on this medication, it is crazy how it effects our brains so differently. R e your  sweating some people have a lot of sweating during withdrawal it is a common body reaction. Did you just stop taking 50 mg? if so that is a high dose to just stop. 
    • Posted

Hi Amanda, I have been on this medication for many years If I stop taking it after a couple of days every day normal things become unbearable. I have a stimulator fitted in my abdomen via my spine to my nerve endings. I take this medication to relax my muscles while I sleep and I do very well. 
    • Posted

Hi Adrian, so you should stay on it then, you can get  a patch for sweating speak to your GP. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.