Amitriptyline withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, 

im currently 6 weeks off amitriptyline and getting awful feelings in my legs, the restless legs is driving me through the roof!! Has anyone else experienced this coming off ami? And if so how long did it take to go away for you? 

It blows my mind what this drug can do to you and how it stops you in your tracks sad 

Wishing you all good health 

thanks 

Kelly 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there.  I am still taking the Amitryptaline but I have had Restless Leg Syndrome and was told that an Iron Supplement with Vit C totally fixes it.    See if that helps.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for the recomendation! I'm currently off work due to these withdrawal effects so I will see if I can get some from Holland and Barret today. I was losing my mind whether the amitripline causes this or whether it's developed on its own. 

Did you start getting it when you took amitripline? 

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.