An "inital assessment" home visit without my permission?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm over 18 and have this letter for a home visit that I hadn't heard of before, wasn't asked about etc

I'm really upset and confused, they're not allowed to do this without me consenting are they? I didn't know which topic to put this in but on the letter in says assessment for depression and axienty. I'm pretty sure I'm not depressed....I haven't done anything extreme or anything are they allowed to make an appointment because i still live at home?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear evie, would you be willing to talk to your doctor about what the appointment would be about and with who?.   Please, please, please see your doctor and be totally honest about how you feel and all your fears... they can help so much even if it is only to put your mind at rest.      Have you got another relative or very good and loyal friend that  You could talk to openly and tell them exactly how you feel and what your worries are (maybe they could accompany you to see your doctor).  When you feel really stressed, the Samaritans are kind and excellent listeners who never judge in any way shape or form.     Please try to talk to somebody very soon, I wish you all the luck in the world and you will be in my thoughts, take very good care of yourself and be kind to yourself.   DEIRDRE xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.