An introduction

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, My name is Donna and I am going through the menopause. I think it should come with a warning! I am generally confident in nature but now I feel over-emotional and feel as though I'm permanently due on-yet no respite x

3 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna

I'm sorry you're feeling lousy, but you'll be glad you joined the forum. I'm sure you'll get plenty of support. Your symptoms are experienced by most of us so I hope you'll feel less alone. I'm 43 and have been on bhrt for 4 months now, and thank god I've gone from being an anxious wreck to feeling so much better. Feeling emotional, anxious and unsure seems to be a huge part of the journey unfortunately.... Have you seen your gp? Xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Welcome Donna. I agree this whole process should come with a warning. I was in a similar position to you a few years back, regular periods, and then waiting waiting waiting for 75 days witb the worst pmt. I experienced irritability off the scale and it has been a wild ride ever since with physical, emotional and psychological impacts. This forum has great advice and support so i hope you continue to post, find information and support. Take care.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Welcome Donna!  A warning would be great.  We get the sex talk in school...why not the menopause talk...right!  😊

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Lou, thank you so much for your welcome. You're absolutely right about that! It should be talked about. I know all women are different but some of the symptoms are horrible x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Welcome to the group Donna,

Im 49 and started Perimenapause at 46, honestly had no idea what happened to me.

Google 66 Perimenapause symptoms,

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi gilly, Im also 49 and my symptoms started at exactly the same age! In fact my periods stopped altogether and suddenly. I mean, they weren't irregular or anything, but just stopped. It's feel like im permanently due on and really irritable x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Welcome, Hon!! Read through and meet us all! You are in very good company and will feel better after every "session"! I promise you, someone here is your body/peri/meno twin!!!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up