an update from "why do i stink"

Posted , 7 users are following.

again sorry for the grammar ...i think i may have improved tho ((: 

ok let's see 

my last therapist was great and to be completely honest with you i never build up the courage to ask her if i smelled i knew it would break me. 

for those asking yes i went to many doctors and they all say the same thing "you don't smell" and if it's not that is "it's all in your head" 

it's frustrating to have to deal with this, I'm now a junior in high school i thought things would have calmed down by now but that's not the case.

i still see people covering their nose, sniffling,coughing,it's gotten so bad the kids that sit next to me lay their heads down. I haven't been hearing so much of "its stinks" just people covering their noses.

i honestly don't know how i (all of us) get through this, it just feels like sometimes there is no way out. 

I've tired everything to try to 'solve' this issue and nothing 

yes i shower every morning 

yes i wear deodorant and antiperspirant

yes i even went on a diet 

yes i lost weight because according to my doctor it could have been because i was obese 

yes i use fresh new clothes everyday 

yes i brush my teeth 

and yes i have tried taking antibiotics.

i feel like I'm falling apart, i wanted to come back to my old post and tell all of the lovely people that i have gotten better and that i found a way to cope with my odor but nothing has changed. 

i did my own research and the only thing i could think of is that i could possibly have 

a) tmau

b)candida overgrowth 

c)ibs

i told my mom but she seems to have given up on me and thinks this is all in my head. 

anyways i hope and wish the best for all the other people out there that are dealing with the same bs i deal with 

~min 

feel free to message me if you need anyone to talk to I'll be checking frequently from now on. 

🙂

3 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I can't see why doctors would keep lying to you about not smelling!  If it was just 1 I would say maybe they have missed something?  But you use the plural and I wonder why you don't believe them?  Everyone does have a bit of odour no matter what you do but this is natural and can't be smelt unless you are very close to them. 

Are there times you think you smell more than others?  For example after eating certain foods or doing certain activities?  This might give you a clue.  For example if you eat onions you can be a bit smelly for a while.  x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi randomgirl - sorry to read of your situation. I would think your mum would be honest with you. You have taken all the steps humanly possible with your personal hygiene. Get those three things you've listed checked out, and if it's all clear, perhaps you should be thinking about negating recurring thoughts about odour. Can you message your last therapist and ask whether there was a problem with odour? 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'd say get tested for tmau. I get the same treatment, but people around me say it smells. Well some people notice it, and others say I smell fine. I have gotten antibiotics for bv, and I've been using represh. I have a doctors appointment, and I'm going to see if it's bv/ vitamin deficiency. If it comes back negative, ill test for tmau. If that comes back negative, I'll test for ibs. If all comes back negative, I'll do a whole body cleanse/change my diet to see if that helps. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up