Anal Fissure after forceps delivery (Childbirth)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello friends,

I am 30 yrs old and developed AF 4 months back when I had forceps delivery with my DS. His head is big, so more trauma to the area.

First doctors diagnosed it as hemmies, then two months back daignosed as fissure. On Nifedipine 2, Lidocaine 1 combo ointment. Hign fiber diet, tons of water, fruits n veggies.

Was in horrible pain but after one week of applying ointment, felt really manageable. Total 5 weeks of treatment and felt much better, but constipated lil bit in 6th week and back to zero. My surgeon postponed my appointment by a month as she couldn't do much if I keep on constipating (lol.. tats what she said)

After a week n half of that bad day I started to feel better with same medication. After a month, when I went to see my surgeon, she examined visually and said that she don't see any fissure outside but there may be lil left inside as I said that it still stings while sitting. My general surgeon (GS) asked me to apply internally and outside as the fissure is mostly internal. But it really hurts to put inside even with applicator or finger. Still I tried and now I think I should have not done it.

Now it's been 20 days after that appointment and I had very loose (diarrhea kind) couple of days and spasm started sad Now again on pain killers. Will call my surgeon Tuesday to ask what to do.

Please let me know if anyone suffered or suffering like me post delivery and whether there is a chance to heal without surgery??

Thanks a lot, god bless you all

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear about your pain. I also suffered from an anal fissure post delivery of my child as well. I tried EVERYTHING.. tons of water, stool softeners, eating well, exercise and nothing helped. I was in excruciating pain everyday and struggled going about my day to day activities. I ended up having the botox injection and although it subsided the pain slightly, the fissure still affected me everyday. Are you by chance breastfeeding? My fissure did not fully heal until 1 year postpartum when I was done breastfeeding. I am fully convinced that my fissure and breastfeeding were directly correlated to one another. It cleared up within a week or two after stopping after a year of pain and suffering..I don't know if you are breastfeeding or this will help at all, but I do hope that you get well soon. The pain of a fissure was hands down the worst pain of my life and I do not wish it upon anyone. Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you so much Bree for your reply. I do breastfeed but I want to continue atleast for a year .... Will ask my CRS in my appointment .... any other treatment you did apart from stopping BF??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.