Anal stenosis after hemorrhoidectomy help please

Posted , 1 user is following.

Anal stenosis after hemorrhoidectomy help!

My story and question...

I had a hemorrhoidectomy 10 weeks ago for internal hemorrhoids, prolapse and two external hemorrhoids. The recovery was the worst thing I'd ever gone through.

5 weeks into it I was still having extreme difficulty passing stools. The pressure international on my lower butt was insane. I'd have to 6 stool softeners and eat 25-30 grams of fiber a day and then push with all my might to get thin stools to come out. My tailbone would throb so badly afterwards if be on a mix of ibuprofen and Tylenol for the rest of the day. On week 6 I went back to the doctor. He explained my scar tissue from the internal stitches was so tight it wasn't allowing my last 2 inches of my butt to expand properly. So, they set me up with an anal dilation and while I was under they would also do some external skin tag removal left over from the stitching from the hemorrhoidectomy. On week 7 of my initial recovery I went through this procedure.

The first 10 days were nearly just as bad as the first recovery. Unbelievable burning and painful movements. Gas and bloating. Blood And swelling. Just miserable. Once the skin tag removal skin stated healing things got easier but I find 3 weeks post dialation I'm still struggling to go. I have to take fiber, miralex and 25 grams of fiber a day naturally or I am constipated. While the stools are wider than they previously were there's still smaller than prior to surgery and take a tremendous amount of pressure, straining and pain to pass them. and I still bleed.

Has anyone gone through a stenosis/ dialation recovery? How long does it take you to feel better? Or is this pressure just going to be part of my life now. It terrifies me to eat anything. I spend days running to the bathroom for failed movements and I'm woken up in the night to go. I feel like I've lost my life to this recovery and it won't end.

Does this sound normal for 3 weeks post second op? Do I need to go back for another dialation?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.