AND------ THE ANSWER IS---------

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

like most of us ,I have searched the internet ,here, there ,everywhere USA  , Germany, even the UK  looking for reasons and  

cures for this disease ,that has a very low listing on the Cure list,

I did find it quite interesting, as  the , doctors .,consultants , experts

all said  that one of the reasons for the D.D developing .was stress, along with the usual culprits , smoking,drinking  wrong diets. 

As I don't drink or smoke ,and am a healthy weight, stress is the only

catagory that fits ,seemingly, having read a lot of posts where stress 

raises it's head    Maybe the answer to controlling this god awful disease

IS, TO PUT US ALL ON PROZAC 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My first and so far only attack occurred after a motorbike accident. Nothing broken but the pain from the bruised ribs and the frustration of not being able to do what I wanted to was stressful. I don't think the paracetomol for 10 days helped either as I hardly ever take painkillers.
    • Posted

It happened in October. Being on a drip in hopital with antibiotics that made me feel sicker than the actual infection was actually the most stressful thing of all! I don't feel that stressed at tye moment and I have gone back to my normal diet after the colonoscopy. That showed far more diverticules than I had when first diagnosed in England and my doc said I have very bad adhesions from my hysterectomy which puts me at risk for a twisted bowel. At the moment I have the odd twinge but hard to tell if it's the diverticules playing up or the adhesions pulling.
    • Posted

I went down the " Drip road " i puked for England . thanks to the cocktail

of anti biotics . Never heard of D.D before it happened, didn't know 

what it was, or where all the pain was coming from.  

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline, I think there is an hereditary element to this too, given that my mother suffered with this complaint for many years and my sister does also.

I also spent 40 years in a desk bound sedentary job with full time hours and wonder if that is a contributing factor given that my diet, drinking and non smoking lifestyle have been reasonably healthy. Alex

• Posted

Hi. Alex .it never occured  to me that it was hereditary .The main offering from the medicals .is, that diet and bowels are the main consideration,

for pouches to form, can't quite accept that ,as there isn't a better 

bowel mover than myself .clockwork would be the word 

• Posted

Have to ask Paul.. how long has she had it ,and does  she get any help

with coping with it,?. or left to get on with it ,as we all seem to have to do /

• Posted

Hi Alex and Jac my mum had dd also but as for the sedentary job I have always had jobs standing or walking around and always feel better when the pain starts by going for a walk
    • Posted

you are one brave soul ,how can you walk,? When I get the "starter"

I go and lie flat,on my back. If the pain gets badd-ish, even coughing

hurts

• Posted

I think my dd isn't as bad as yours as I have never been in hospital nor did my mum and hope it doesn't get any worse but as you get older who knows?
    • Posted

How bad is bad, normally I cope with pains (types various) but the D.D.

one is a stinker and takes no prisoners.

I hope both of you never ever have a full blown flare

I don't think age has a lot to do with D.D. Like all the other rotten 

diseases that hit us

That is why I thought that Prozac would help us stop worrying ,no 

doubt the medicals would say NO

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up