Anemia symptoms but NO ANEMIA?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 30-year-old female. I was diagnosed with anemia (probably iron-deficiency anemia, but can't be sure) back when I was 15, but do not have access to my medical records to verify the type of anemia, since it was all taking place in a different country. During the past year, and especially after tapering off Zoloft (glad I got rid of that devil, was put on it at age 18), I developed some health issues that I believe had been lying dormant and obscured by the antidepressants. It appears that ** the minute** I got off Zoloft, these health issues appeared: irregular heartbeat, chest pain, extreme fatigue and tiredness, short-term memory issues, pale-looking skin, wrinkles, body and face appearing slightly swollen (either that, or I got real fat real quick), and I suspect a slow healing of wounds (burned myself on the stove in April and still having a noticeable scar, but maybe that's normal?). What concerns me more than anything, no doubt, is the chest pain.

Long story short, I went to the doctor back in June and told him all about my chest pain and irregular heartbeat. Though I had been told I had high blood pressure by the psychiatrist who was observing my tapering off, this time in June the doctor said there was nothing like that. He also said my ECG results were normal. I felt very confused as to my chest pain and its cause.

Then, one day not long ago, I heard there was a connection between iron-deficiency anemia and chest pain, and my mind just went DING DING DING DING. I suddenly recalled being told I had anemia at age 15, so I figured there was no way in hell it just went away on its own, especially since I do not eat meat (mostly pescetarian). I called my doctor office to make a lab order, and apparently forgot (...big surprise) that they had blood tested me back in June during my appointment. Apparently they looked at it and saw no sign of iron-deficiency, nor anemia. Now I am confused. Even angry. I feel like I was just on the precipice of resolving this issue, but now I am back at square one, stuck with this chest pain that I can't understand the origin of (other than the emotional/metaphysical origin, but that's a whole other conversation). Is it really possible my anemia just went away on its on? Why is my heart acting weird? What do I do now?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.