Angry Red Blotches / Rash On Penis Head - Changes Shape / Reacts With Water.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Appeared about 2 weeks ago.

Seems to react with water / ejaculation.

Sometimes seem to be gone only to flare up again.

I shower every day using Sanex 0%.

Looks worse after a shower which I'd just had before taking pics.

Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have been dealing with a variety of penis issues all of my adult life including BXO / LS which is an incurable form of Balanitis - this is the worst possibility of what you have.  More likely you have a relatively simple irritation going on.  Here are some advice notes I have previously posted as what to do to see if you simply currently have a dermatological or yeast issue going on: - 

* What I do know is the when you have ANY condition affecting the penis you need to implement squeaky clean hygiene practices to rule out the real possibility that it is simply an irritant creating the condition you have!  Here is some of the stuff I previously posted on penile hygiene:

>>>>>> The skin on the penis is more sensitive than any other part of the body, particularly the head of the penis.  During sex or self-pleasuring there is a whole lot of friction going on for this area of skin - [in YOUR CASE] if you use condoms, there is often a whole load of chemicals on the inside that certainly don't help if your skin is reacting to irritation!

Try this for a while (2 / 3 weeks) - prevent as far as possible, soap, or shower gel, hair shampoo etc., or skin cream / lotion or any form of lube (oil based particularly) from getting on your penis.  Always wash with water ONLY (never hot water) after urinating (in public toilets go in a cubicle and use toilet paper to ensure the head and surrounding area is 100% dry) when showering – if possible, make sure the skin of the penis is drawn forward to cover the head to protect the area from soap / shower gel, etc. getting on it.  At the end of the shower - make sure the entire penis is 100% dry afterwards.  You can also combine this with giving your penis an 'exercise holiday' - no masturbation or sexual activity, you may need to do this for as long as 5 or 6 weeks.>>>>>  {Your penis could simply) be reacting to an irritant, usually some form of chemical - from anything from a specific soap, washing powder you use on your clothes, (and so on) or something related to your sexual practices: lube, lotions, gels, condoms etc. - or if you have a sexual partner, it could be a chemical substance they are using regularly, quite innocently, I must add!   <<<<<<<<

Again, what you may have is a simple Yeast infection or Psoriasis that is affecting that area of your penis.  Try what I suggest above and see if there is any improvement!  Good Luck .... W.D.

• Edited

23 Months later and it's still lingering. It was diagnosed as balanitis but the treatment hasn't worked. Tried clotrimazole and hydrocortisone as prescribed by the doctor, neither worked. Dermol 500 seems to help keep it at bay but if i stop using it the flare up comes soon after. As if it's not embarrassing enough one (female) Doctor told me she couldn't see anything wrong and it seemed 'normal'. Well I'm sorry but I had a 'normal' penis for the best part of 30 years, this is not normal!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.