Anixety worry

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been suffering with anxiety for about 2 years on and off now. However, recently after a few changes in my life it has become severe. I have woken in the night and gone to the toilet several times, burning up, pains in legs, headache, chest pain (and fluttering) and can't always breathe properly. I decided that enough was enough so decided to speak to someone professional. They diagonosed me with anxiety but said that it wasn't depression. I have been taking kalms for a while now but wasn't sure whether they was helping as the anxiety got worse after taking them for a few weeks. My doctor gave me some citalapram but I am scared to take these anti-depressants and because I'm not really depressed I don't know what to do. I feel that because this is on and off, and just had a bad bout of it the weekend, whether I should just try and tackle this myself without tablets. I am also 46 years old, therefore was wondering whether any of this could be to do with peri-meno, as doctors seem to think I am too young?? I don't see that I am, as I have a friend who has already been through the menopause in her 30's! I have had a blood test done today to check hormone levels but I know that they don't always show. If anyone can offer any other advice I would be really grateful smile

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Try to go out more with friends. You may not feel it but panic attack may be because of stress and depression. We may be depressed or stressed but we are trying to hide it and we can even be unaware of it. Also take the anti-depressant. Your doctor will not give you something bad for your health.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Your not too young i went thru full menapause at 47. You absolutely can be in peri. Why not just run the bloodwork, a bit irresponsible to just write it off.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up