Ankle fussion

Posted , 4 users are following.

Seven weeks post op second fussion same ankle weight bearing with walker and training shoe not much swelling lots of pain though. Thank you all for your input on this site. It really is helpful to know what to expect in the future.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ed,

Good luck on your 2nd ankle fusion. I'm one year out and I did so much today! I'm wishing you total success with yours now. I took calcium tablets. That's probably the only thing that I haven't seen mentioned on this informative blog forum. Best of luck! Yvonne

• Posted

I know your pain

I had my ankle repair 6 months ago but my aunt had her second ankle fusion 3 days ago. Ice and rest. Be gentle with yourself

Keep ontop of the pain meds and always take the next dose 20-30 min before it's due. Listen to guided mediation cds or on line sites. for pain relief. Also large amounts of fruit and veggies help with the bodies detox of the pain meds and keep fibre levels high do you don't end up with IG issues.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.