Another blip help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am nearly a year in 2nd time around and just having my 2nd blip does anyone know why i am still getting them . I seem to be doing everything right and then bam the hot shaking sensation and sickness bloody horrible and the dry mouth so trouble swallowing . I dont want to change my dose but not sure if i can fully recover on 10mg x

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hiya! How are you feeling on a year of cit??? Im only at 7+ weeks and even though its far too early to notice anything improving there are some days i feel absolutely terrible... next day or 2 its gone as fast as it appeared! Sorry i couldnt have been more help to you

regards,

James

• Posted

i have been on them.for 2 years but technically a year in had a big reaction to some antibiotics so it was like starting again but worse . It was tough at the beginning but the good days get more and u start to feel.normal

• Posted

Hi Michelle. I'm 6 months in and I still have the odd blip now and again. When I do start feeling jittery I know what's happening so I just bat them away. Maybe that's the meds working.

• Posted

HI Paul,

yes the meds are workings. I'm on 10mg now 11 months in. I do get a blip now an then but very mild and i put music on or meditate or just absorb myself with my work or a distraction.

keep positive.

Will

• Posted

Hi Michelle/i appreciate you have been on citrolopram for 1 year and second time around ,but because citrolopram is an anti depressant some times your blip might be caused by even a slight anxious moment and the ssri has too work harder and this may be why you are getting a blip.

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

Sorry your going through this. Just focus on where you have been and how far you have come. But dont focus on your teeth episode. I too have had some small blips recently, especially today. I push myself to ignore it and distract myself with my work. I can't remember if your job is stressful...

Mine is totally so I blame that on my blips. I also have dry mouth. I bought lousenges called smart mouth for dry mouth and they work. Do you take a benzo? I take xanax periodically to help me sleep and that makes a world of difference the next day.

will

• Posted

hi Will yes i have a stressful job Business Catering Manager in a private hospital so yes very .My blips seem to kick off if i take any form.of other medication its weird . I did get through it last night but got upset stomach which is what i always get and the hot burning sensation . Hope u r well nice to hear from you again

• Posted

I used to be in the food industry.

never take the meds together. I'm sure you take the cit in the morning with food.

It's work that causes this. I manage a huge IT department and I'm involved with everything cause I care and I'm knowledgeable and I actually love what I do. But the flip side is my health. Meditation and accupuncture helps me,

just a thought!

Have a good day ! Stay warm its 2* outside here.

Will

• Posted

yes it not nice here either but going swimming later . Where r u to again Will

• Posted

Stick In there Michelle, Im sure you'l be fine on 10's, I was on that dose for a year, now after tappering i'm surviving on 2.5 .

• Posted

hi Mike! im just curious how long it took you to feel anything at 10mg? weeks? months? did it help with the depression and anxiety?

regards,

James

• Posted

HI Will, i tapered down as i was starting to feel 'uncaring' about anything , i was functioning great, but just didnt feel like myself & still wasn't interested in hobbies etc.

• Posted

HI James, i felt my anxiety / depression start lifting after about 6 weeks, but after more than a year on it , i started tapering & have discovered with exercise & meditation i can now cope nicely on 2.5, now i have even started missing the odd with zero meds.

• Posted

Wow 6 weeks! im just over 7 and only noticed some slight improvement but my overall mood really hasnt changed at all. im just over a week on 30mg so looks like im gonna have to go through the waiting again sadly. i really havent noticed any serious side effects since i was upped so im happy about that

regards,

James

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.