Another blip help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am nearly a year in 2nd time around and just having my 2nd blip does anyone know why i am still getting them . I seem to be doing everything right and then bam the hot shaking sensation and sickness bloody horrible and the dry mouth so trouble swallowing . I dont want to change my dose but not sure if i can fully recover on 10mg x

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, blips are totally normal, and can happen at any point. Always good to check in to see if you've been eating well/getting enough sleep etc. as this can also affect how much serotonin you produce.

You kind of ha veto just accept it...... ohh here we go, another blip,...... and not take it too seriously, which can be the hardest part. Speaking from experience, 3rd time on meds. 6 months in now and still occasionally blipping ie this weekend have felt not so hot, but I hardly slept on Friday eve and that always sets me back a bit.

And don't isolate yourself, either.... even if blipping makes you feel like it.

Sending good wishes x

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

How are you doing?

Will

• Posted

I'm ok. I'm actually having a glass of red wine. Did you stay at 10mg?

• Posted

yes ive stayed on 10mg i actually had a really good day then out of the blue had a couple swallow issue which is the worse but managed to get through it . I think mine is menopausal too so i might have a talk with my doctor or councellor . one says dont come off them the other says come off them so in a bit of a predicament

• Posted

weigh the pro's and con's. You definetly are better than you were. I get the swallow issues once in a while and i distract myself. I'm having dry mouth off and on. ughh! but it's 1000% better.

• Posted

Michelle,

when you say you have the swallowing issues. Do you have excess mucus. I've had this off and on from the spinal column leakage. Its so much better...just seeing if you get the mucus.

• Posted

it feels like it in the back.of my throat and i have to tell myself to swallow .this was the first symptom i had which caused the panic attack etc . I have a review soon at the doctors i will have a chat with him

• Posted

i had this Michelle, but realised it was after i ate certain type crisps, is it after you have ate something, or random?

• Posted

hi mike its random although it does happen sometimes if i eat chocolate

• Posted

Maybe its some kind of alergy then michelle ? ive often wondered this, but have never taken it any further & had some tests done, but its not nice is it!

• Posted

i get the mucus which is either from the spinal fluid leakage or anxiety. The citalopram has helped tremendously. And the spinal fluid is healing. I was also tested for allergies and tested positive for many things but allergies were ruled out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.