Another day, when will it end

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing ok & managing to get through the day/night. I'm here again to vent, this scary woozy sensation along with other seemingly unrelenting peri crap is really getting to me, will it all end? feels like it's here to stay  gggrrrr sad last couple of mornings I've woken early with some sort of horrible anxiety feelings OMG! am I going to die.....silently yelling "I've had enough!" I won't include the expletives I ranted LoL just want to be normal again. Ok, vent over...take care ladies & keep well.

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I hear ya im right where ur atsad( Been in perimenopause eight years im now 48. Like you im screaming inside when will it end!!!! Some days it seems to much to bear.

I just read an online article in the daily mail about a woman who quit work nearly got divorced and thought she was bipolar. Turns out it was menopause! !!

She also talked about the palpitations and shortness of breath which I get a lot and thought I was dying.

Hope ur day gets better

Hang on in there xx

• Posted

Hi, hope you're doing ok. I've had Dr's wanting to put me on antidepressants but I've been there done that, no benefit. My marriage is a bit strained at the moment because of all this but I do have a great hubby...or is it tolerance, he doesn't want to upset this menopausal beast LoL I often rely on my warped humour to get me through. Take Care
  • Posted

Hi, Bobbins:  I was born with anxiety problems and as I got older it seemed to get a little better.  I had to have an emergency hysterectomy in 2001, and my doctor immediately placed a Vivelle Dot on my arm.  I felt great for many years, until my insurance co. told me they would no longer help pay for them.  They are very expensive here in America, somewhere around 200.00 a month.  She put me on Esterdoil, and things have gotten worse ever since.  Yesterday, I got off of every estrogen, and I feel like you today...swollen and sore breast area, anxiety, fuzzy brain...I really don't know what to do....You ask if it will ever end..I'm 67 yrs. old, and I'm still struggling with hormones...Please get on the right meds while you are young enough to enjoy life.....Good luck!!
    • Posted

Hi, that's no good you're not able to get your medication, is there no medical compensation in America? I'm in Oz, we have government paid bulk billing for some medical prescriptions etc, do hope you're ok & that you can get the medication you need. All the best, take care.
  • Posted

Morning Bobbins, me too ! Been awake since around half two this morning with anxiety ( surgical menopause no HRT) and it drives me mad, good days and bad days, I have to go to work soon and feel like a flipping spaced out zombie, sick of it, take care yourself x
    • Posted

Hi Lou, thinking of you, hope your day gets better. Is horrible feeling like you're 'not really here' vague & not right. Do take care.
  • Posted

Hi! .... Sorry you feel so awful .... I too use to wake up feeling deeply anxious all I can say is it will pass I promise you. These feelings and many many more will take their course and settle, we are all different but I have had every symptom known to womankind a truly terrible time but it does pass so stay strong and tell yourself it will pass. Big hugs to you xx
    • Posted

Not all AD's are addictive ... There are three types that are licenced for prescription for menopaus for those that are unable to take HRT. I am on 50 mg Sertraline and it really has helped with my anxiety I would have been lost without it. Prescribed for 2 years to get me through a really bad anxiety which will be up in October and then take it from there xx
  • Posted

Hi Bobbins059

We are all behind you with these horrible feelings that most of us endure during Peri.. I have been in Peri for quite some time and i will be 60 in October!  I cannot sleep, my stomach is constantly playing me up!  My memory is dreadful amongst other things.. my concentration is bad..cry

I am terrified that I am going to die!  It's also very costly as I cannot go out without protection on because of the un predictable bleeding or lack of bladder control.. sad  I never know what's going to happen next!!!

Keep fighting it can only get better.. Can't it???

• Posted

I'm 3yrs post menopause and still this causes me great distress the anxiety and panics which absorb my whole body while I'm in bed. I am taking a small amount of diazepam at night and it really has been helping me.
    • Posted

Me to the diazepam does help I was given Zoplicone 7.5mg but my god I was spaced out n like a zombie I've not taken it now for about 4-5 days n feel bit better
  • Posted

Awwwww

I felt like that on Monday n Tuesday it's horrendous isn't it

I put Tuesdays anxiety duwn to going into hospital fir procedure on my knee had a GA n felt ok after smile it's like it's rebooted my settings lol hobbling around but still got anxiety but not as bad n the muzzy head has subsided I'm hoping the op has sorted my aches n pains out no doubt I'll soon know sad

• Posted

I feel exactly the same bobbins, I've woke up & anxiety is already flowing through me along with all the negative thinking & fear that I'm going to be left like this. Also how really bad headache this morning.

We'll need to tell ourselves this is temporary & will be over soon. It's good to be able to vent our frustrations on here though knowing other ladies understand.

Hope you've managed to get a sleep & the symptoms you described sound like the hormones are causing chemicals such as adrenaline to rush through you... Don't worry about it.. I've had all the symptoms you describe.

Take care x

• Posted

This group definitely helps as you know your not alone and not seriously ill and its all normal to how our bodies are changing again 😢 Men do certainly get it easy compared to what stages us ladies go thru in our lives xx
    • Posted

Hi cazjaz, I feel very low mood today, overwhelmed, can't seem to shake feelings of despair off, keep crying.  I know this will lift, but I fear I'm going to be left with this dizziness and lose my job, mind etc....

Look forward to the good old days when I woke up feeling normal and got on with the day ahead.  I don't even recognise myself anymore.

Sorry for being so negative, hope it hasen't affected how your feeling.

Have a nice weekend xx

• Posted

Hugs to you. I know exactly how you feel. I've been in perimenopause for eight years now 48. On a low dose AD but not helping right now . Praying for you.

Xx

• Posted

I do know how you feel Hun I was dreadful in my peri period and can only now look back to realise what it was as I thought it was a complete breakdown but it will get better Hun honest I'm post by 3 years now I have other symptoms but what your saying is like your peaking Hun and the only way forward is coming down to being a bit more settled. It will get better Hun xxxx
    • Posted

Omg!!!!! Thank you so much!!!! You dont know how much hope you have given me by saying it gets better. Ive been in perimenopause eight years. This last year being by far the worst. Im now 48. I was beginning to give up hope of ever feeling normal again. Again thank you. I could actually cry xc
    • Posted

has your doctor prescribed you anything to help you thru this period Hun ? I would also say anything you can do to alter the same old pattern in your life do it. Even like changing your bedroom round change rooms do something that will change the same momentum of every morning ? That small change can help your mind start off the day differently and think there is light at the end of the tunnel xxx big hugs you will get there
    • Posted

Im on 15mg of mirtazapine an Ad. I was on 30mg but so much weight gain so cut down eight weeks ago. Tbh they just srent helping right now. Im having a period every two to three months. The anxiety and depression is a killersad( my husband dont know what else to do or say. Its been a long eight years. I have a granddaughter due in four weeks Really hoping it will take my mind off things. I have five grown up kids two still at home. I work as a carer.. so thankful for your insight and advice xx
    • Posted

Go back and have a chat with your doctor there is so much they can offer you I take paroxetine 10mg small dose it's great for anxiety as well but is addictive but i have been on it a very long time and my theory is if it helps me live a sort of normal life I don't mind d taking it forever lol. With a new baby comeing it might kick you into the right direction you need Hun just remember it's noal and you will get better xxx
    • Posted

Thank you for being positive, I think that's all we ladies want to hear that it does get better.

Best wishes x

• Posted

Thank you for giving us all hope cazjaz! A few weeks ago I thought the dire thing had ended after 6 or 7 years of it - then all the symptoms came back. Now they're fading out again. It's hell on earth but I'm really heartened to hear that you've been there and back again and that things will get better. Thanks for your post!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.