Another heart question please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Some things is getting better slowly but the chest stuff still remains not as bad as it was but still there. For the ladies im due to start any day on my cycle but today has been a bad day with flutters in my chest. I've not had any panic attacks to bring this on I can't lay down I feel flutters flip flopping in my chest and feel like it's gonna take my breathe but doesn't. Im forced to sit up in bed is this regard anxiety or hormonal induced flutters? I'm trying not to freak before anyone ask I've been to Dr numerous times EKGs are normal dr say heart fine but it's still hard to believe with all these scary weird things

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I always get heart palpitations and other anxiety symptoms when I'm about to start. I'm currently 6 week's pregnant, so I don't have to worry about periods, for a while. But since my hormones are out of whack right now, my anxiety has gotten bad again. Last night, I had an anxiety attack, and I hadn't had one for a good month or so. Sucks. You should be ok, though. Just remember; anxiety is a pain in the butt and likes to make you think there's something wrong with you, when there's really not. Best of luck, hon. smile

• Posted

Thanks I'm starting to feel alittle adrenaline kicking in over this I'm trying to remain calm it's hard to do when it happens like this.

• Posted

If you have a smartphone, go on YouTube and turn on an anxiety hypnosis. I usually use it when I'm trying to fall asleep and can't, because of anxiety. Either way, it will calm you down. If you have time to nap for about an hour or 2, you should. I promise it will help. If you can't do that, then fill up your bath tub with the hottest water that you still feel comfortable in, and soak. Try adding some bubbles to your bath, as well. If you can, get some lavendar bubble bath soap to add to your water when you're feeling stressed and/or anxious. I like to drink hot Chamomile tea with lavendar, honey, and just a little bit of milk added to it. I also, add a couple spoon-full's of sugar to it, but you don't have to. Walking also, helps. If it isn't too late. Just make sure you bring a water bottle with you, so you will stay hydrated. Dehydration can make you feel anxious, because of its effects. Always try to get as much sleep as possible, too. I found that if I get less than 6 hour's of sleep, I'll feel terrible the next day, almost every time. 

• Posted

im 53 and had anxiety since childhood i used to get the panic attacks but nothing as bad as it had been this time. im just about on an even keel at the moment but at the start of this "episode" i was having palpitations for over two hours i thought my heart was going to wear out i was so frightened my throat felt as if had a constant lump in it and some nights i would be woken by a heavy thump as if my heart had dropped. I have always suffered with my hormones and nerves and i am a terrible overthinker. I am on beta blockers and i have been having CBT which has been the best thing to have happened to me. i still overthink but not nearly as bad she has really been a blessing in disguise and i wish i had, had her years ago i hope you can get through this its scary yes but you can get through it 

• Posted

Thanks ladies I'll try the hot bath won't the hot water raise bp and cause heart to work harder? I just won't make it too hot

• Posted

If you don't feel comfortable with the hot water, and think it might raise your blood pressure, try a warm bath instead. I usually keep a glass of water with me when I take mine. I also, don't stay in longer than 20 minute's.

• Posted

I absolutely agree with everything Kayla says but you are right with the hot bath it certainly raises mine as does hot weather but everything else she says is spot on maybe that works for Kayla. there are lots of natural things you can do to help the anxiety and Bachs rescue remedy from superdrug any chemist is a must if you dont want meds its fast acting and you can take it as may times a day as you want. you feel find the right thing that will resonate with you 
  • Posted

Dear Pamela,

You ladies really do have a lot to put up with. I know how down hormones can make you feel compounded with the fact that you are possibly proned to panic attacks, which can affect you in all sorts of ways

I don't think taking prescriptions drugs are any good in this situation. It is better to take care of yourself by relaxing and perhaps buying yourself a treat. Some ladies say icecream or milk chocolate help. Perhaps increasing your blood sugar has a desirable effect.

Panic attacks seem to affect men as well as women. I new an engineer who

• Posted

I didn't want to make a whole new thread as this is still heart related,i dont know why I can't stop focusing on my heart I think because it really feels like it's not beating normal I'm constantly feeling it beat as soon as I wake up before my feet hit the floor I check and it's like pulse is 86. Also everytime i breathe in it feels like my heart is flip flopping or skipping a beat. Anyone else have this and I get a sensation in my chest as if it just don't feel right hard to explain. EKGs are normal so if ekg is normal why do I feel all this without panicking and getting upset? Can anxiety really cause the heart to feel as it's not beating normal rhythm and having skipped flip flops on its own?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.