Another long night

Posted , 6 users are following.

hey yall. yet again i was in er. chest pain, pvcs, feels like my heart is stopping. again..all clear. this is tearing my marriage apart. my family is on edge. im on the edge of insanity. im just a complete crazy.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

what's your heart rate when laying in bed? Mine is 50 per minute.. that's less than 1 beat per second. its triggering my anxiety into literally thinking my heart is going to stop tonight too.

• Posted

Hi ash i am so sorry you are going through all of this ,i pray God holds you and your family together . , ash im sure the doctor has informed you that PVC doesnt result in heat attacks , strokes or heart failure ,right ? your test shows normal heart rates however its still hard for you to grasp that you are actually ok . Im assuming also that you havent taken any suggestions that have been given to you ? Ash the more sleep you lose the worse you are going to feel as the palpitations can be worse because your anxiety will be worse . Ash no youre not crazy ,youre just scared of what you have decided is the end . But test ,exam show otherwise . . I wish you the best ash and i pray for complete peaceful joy .

• Posted

mowie mine is usually 73-95 resting. during an anxiety attack its 105-112 thats a low heart rate id honestly freak

• Posted

vicky no i havent taken any suggestions. i keep telling myself that nothing will work. im scared to take my meds, scared not too..im just sick of it. i xan bareky

• Posted

Have you though about seeing if you can do an inpatient mental health clinic? You need help, you are letting fear and anxiety control your life and quite frankly sound like you are on the verge of a mental breakdown.

You can not keep going like this, only you can get the help you need.

• Posted

ive considered a mental health clinic. my family thinks tgats a bad idea but im suffering. ive got panic disorder to the fullest. no doubt in my mind. i cant keep doing this. my life has been hell since i found out i have pvcs. idk howd id react to a serious disease. i mentally couldnt handle it. my doctors are fed up i think and the er knows me by name.

• Posted

Ash you can do this ! You can get through this ! Please i beg you to take your medicine . You CAN ,and you WILL come out of thus dark place in your life . Be like day from night ! A calm ! A peace ! Better days ahead ! Not only will YOU feel normal again but your family will too . All of you feel the effects of this imaginary horror , please let all of you feel GREAT relief !!! Please take your medicine , it IS a step forward to recovery . You will be able to eat meals with your family again !!! Please Ash you are worth a better feeling life , a happier life ! Shut this door and open up a new door ! Again please take your medicine ,that was given to calm your PVC, !!! You are alive to read this !! You are not done yet !! One thing that is extreamly helpful with calming PVC ,and anxiety s EARTHING , i kid you not !!!

• Posted

its all in your head, trust me! you have to trust your body! all the stress and anxiety youre putting on your heart can actually give you future problems. just think that the doctors are professionals, they know what they're talking about!

• Posted

Ash...

i started getting pvcs about 3 months ago. they progressed from breath ectopics when laying fown in bed every couple of weeks to happening 50+ times a day since October 1st... they got worse and i was soo worried!

..i did a lot of research and made some changes and now i dont have any pvcs or at least i dont notice them. i occasionally, every few days, get one brief moment but it isn't as severe as what i experienced.

so here is what i have put them down too and i dont know which changes have helped....

before the pvcs i had lost about 10kg in a short time, partly stress and partly trying to be healthier. i had a few really stressful moments in my life. i had changed my diet by introducing lots of nuts and berries and id cut right down on salt and sugar. i was on holiday when they started happening everyday and the bight before id had quite a few cocktails, which wasnt typical for me.

once i had the pvcs, here is what i did...

i cut out the nuts.

i started adding tumeric to porridge, and drinking a teaspoon with milk each day, its an anti-inflammatory

i started taking a magnesium supplement. look up a youtube cardiologist, called York Cardiology... he is amazing

i put some weight back on, about 6 kg and i noticed that i didnt seem to feel as bad on the days i had been less strict with my diet, i.e. more salt and more sugar.

so i dont know exactly what helped, but interestingly it took about two weeks for things to start getting better which is about the time the cardiologist on youtube suggests it takes for magnesium supplements to take affect. if you do this, make sure you take the magnesium supplements for heart as there are different types where some are better for digestion.

now one other word of advice... about your family... i had exactly the same experience with my family and the affects of anxiety, prior to my pvcs. my wife thought that everything was down to anxiety and i couldnt see how my physical symptoms of chest pains, etc could be... we got to breaking point as everything was about me and my frequent trips to ER. i had become absorbed in my health and distant on many days, not being able to enjoy my time with my family as my mind was constantly on my health and other worries.

this was all prior to my pvcs and i saw a therapist plus attended a CBT course. the course was more about people with agrophobia which i dont have but the therapist got me through some dark moments and although there is no quick tricks/methods to turn off your anxiety, you can begin to understand how anxiety really manifests and can affect you.

i made a decision, which was extremely hard, to ignore myself and try to consider what my family needed. this was difficult as my wife has been my rock for many years and i love her dearly for it but it was time for me to stop offloading on her. i literally had to keep my feelings and symptoms bottled up for the sake of my relationship.

i feel lucky to feel better these days and hope that others can be as lucky. who knows, maybe i stumbled on a few things that others can change too. anxiety will never leave me and things will still go wrong, but these days ive kind of hot the bottom in terms of being able to respond/react to it. in a way you have to develop a little bit of a f&ck it attitude, what will be will be...

when i say this please dont think, well maybe i am just someone who can do thst and you cant. im such a perfectionist that this was extremely hard for me, so im sure others can do it.

my therapist left me with a sentence after each visit that stuck with me... "be kind to yourself!"

hoping you can get somewhere better soon Ash...

in terms of your health, you can continue to investigate, just try not to worry. ectopic heartbeats aren considered harmless and supposedly the medicine side affects can be worst than the pvcs themselves.

what you need to do in terms of your health is have a plan... have an ecg, have a holter ecg, have an echo, have a stress test, etc... as the good results role in, learn to accept them and breath easier.

as for your doctors and for ER... dont worry about what they think. its your life. ask relevant questions and get them working for you. if need be, expalin clearly thst you are concerned thst sometimes anxiety is the first diagnosis and you want to ensure that youve had the relevant checkups.

take care Ash!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.