another menopause sympton?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am going through the peri and on two occasions now in the last couple of months I have woke with a migraine type headache with nausea and sickness but within a couple of hours its gone I also suffer from anxiety and depression but it appears to be controlled at the moment does any one else get this please

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello sue, sorry you are going throuh this - im the same although im right in the thick of surgical menopause. I wake up quite often feeling exactly like you in fact yesterday when I woke up I had the usual horrific head and horrid nausea. I have sumatriptan on prescription and within an hour or so it's gone but does leave me feeling weird all day. It's awful but does seem pretty common as we go through this nasty phase in our lives. Have you told your doctor ? X

• Posted

no not yet as its only happened twice and wasn't sure if it was the menopause thank you for that lou x

• Posted

I take sumatriptan Lou as well mine is all hormone related and within half an hour the migraine is gone sumatriptan is my miracle drug 😊😊

• Posted

Hi Michelle ! Do you take the tablets or under the tongue melts ? X
    • Posted

Tablets Lou 50 mg bloody wonder drug after suffering badly for over 30 years and I found sumatriptan 😊😊

• Posted

Yes me too - first I did the injections then i had the melts now the tabs ! Im only allowed 6 a month so have to space them out and I always use them all ! X
  • Posted

Yes, it does happen to me. And it is awful. I just want this peri over and done with. Sooo fed up with the symptoms too. Best wishes to all the ladies.
  • Posted

Yes. I woke up with a mild headache. Not sure if it's peri. or sinus issues. I took an Ibuprofin, and now it's subsiding.

• Posted

Dear Sue,

Read other posts, and you will see that we all suffer from mental issues. In fact, these symtoms hit me the hardest

• Posted

Hi Sue. I used to get these awful all day intense headaches that just would not go even with painkillers. i started hrt in april, & after 2-3wks of being on hrt, the headaches have virtually stopped. to date i have only had 1 a couple of weeks ago which was accompanied with tender boobs & a light withdrawal bleed so i knew it was hormonal, & knew how it felt from before the hrt. I'm just wondering if your depression & anxiety issues have been made worse by the onset of peri.....have you discussed this with your doc & are you on any kind of hrt? xx

• Posted

yes i think she felt sorry for me lol having the both no im not on hrt at the moment im try all the natural route if i can but thank you for your reply 
  • Posted

thank you ladies for your input very much apreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.