Another new pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everybody I am 8 weeks post operation and doing more. I'm back driving and managing to do my exercise bike for 5 mins each day. However I know have a new pain. This time it is my foot just on the base near my ankle. It's like a burning pain and started yesterday. I wonder if anyone else had this. I have been trying to stand on the operated leg more as the physio said and its this heel that's giving me the pain.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi joan im 13 weeks post op and my foot gives me jip every night???I put it down to walking differently and all the upheaval on that leg so when im icing my knee I ice my foot ive also noticed my foot is really fluidy by bedtime???
  • Posted

I'm trying to recall as I had TKR 3 years ago now. I think I did have this pain at your stage but it was not burning, just pain. I would put it down to the fact that you are distributing yur weight slightly differently now as you are walking. You are doing well to be back driving, not sure I could have done that at 8 weeks. GP and physio said it would settle down which it did.

Let me know how you are doing

Sarah xxx

• Posted

As you are starting to walk normal you are straightening soft tissue that's gone astray for many months. T his all has to be realigned and the nerves and blood veins have to fall back into place as well. You are getting there but slowly which is normal. Continue the slow proper heel to toe stride. Give it another 3-4 weeks and this will be gone and you'll have another minor flare up. These things can c ontinue for months but it's all the body doing its thing to heal.
    • Posted

Thank you yes I think this is what is happening. My physio said to walk backwards and when you do you don't limp. I tried this yesterday and its true. Only in the house I didn't want people thinking I had lost it. I probably used my heal a bit more. Good luck for your operation we are a routing for you. X
  • Posted

I've got ankle pain . . in the 'good leg' though.  It's much worse when I first get up, and tends to ease off a bit during the day unless I am on my feet for too long and then it burns .  . . could be plantar fascitis perhaps?  Stretching exercises are supposed to be good for that. . .if it's right under the heel, could be a heel spur. . I;ve had them all . . as well as tendinitis of the Achilles ttendon. . .Mine mainly caused by fallen arches.  Hope you can get it right, because painful feet make everything miserable!  If your foot tends to bend inwards, called 'excessive pronation', like mine, you might find an insole which pushes it more to the outside coud help, but would probably need to be certain that this woud not affect the alignment of your knee . . . it's all so darned complicated isn't it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.