Another newbie to the blueys

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have been on them a week, currently enjoying lots of orange oil no matter how little fat i try to eat. I can no longer faart with confidence and greenpeace will be along shortly to complain about the oil in the drain killing off thousands of seabirds.

Today has been a bowl of fruit and fibre with skimmed milk, beans on toast no marge and no idea for dinner but something equally as bland, probably potatoes, peas and beans. I dont drink tea or coffee, hot chocolate or anything like that. Where is it coming from? Am I sleep eating or something? Has someone spiked my toast with butter? Dear gawd.

Also, could someone tell me how much i am likely to lose? I am actually very active due to my job, if i did any more exercise i would drop dead. The doc has set a target of 5-6kg in 6 weeks. Feasable or not?

I dont want to be \"the fat one\" forever.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ho hum. No replies. Guess I am on my own then.

Cya.

• Posted

Sorry you didnt get a reply before. I think things can be slow on here sometimes but the people are friendly. and am sure they will be more in contact soon.

I was in the loo quite a lot for the first few days but think this is because of what I ate prior to beginning the tabs rather than whilst I was on them.

But it soon settled down.

You dont seem to be eating a lot to me. I would suggest some more protein at least. You have a lot of starch for tea so maybe swap peas or beans for cauli or carrots, and add a little fish or meat?

Low fat food doesnt have to be bland. It is important it isnt really or how will you keep to it long term?

Must admit with all that fibre , beans and peas, I would be farting all day too lol!!

You have a great sense of humour so do come back to the forum often. It is a real friendly place...honest :D

Loss varies from person but about 2lb a week is reasonable. As you are active you should at least do this which will be right on your docs estimate.

I would contact map about your food intake as they are very helpful.

0800 731 7138

Keep smiling. Beryl

• Posted

Hi and welcome

I would suggest you speak to MAP too as they are great. The oil only comes from too much fat and it could be what was in your system before. Low fat can be great. I have used loads of rosemary Conley recipes and don't feel like I am dieting. I eat out on a regular basis and have still lost weight. It has slowed but maybe if I cut the wine down that would help??!!!

MAP will really help so give them a call. I learnt an interesting fact that you hae to eat enough fat or you get constipated and your body holds the fat!!! YOu need to make sure everything you eat has no more that 5g total fat in 100g and that you have a minimum of 30g fat a day ( 10 -15 gper meal). I can't get that high in fat for breakfast so I try to incorporate snacks etc and more intake at lunch and dinner.

Good luck

KJ

• Posted

:roll: Hi KJ and thanks for the info re -grams of fat per meal.I was suprised that I had no diet sheet from my G.P. so I was a little 'in the dark'.

Thanks again.

Anneyt

• Posted

Hiya, i too am new to this! my doc didn't give me any real advice, think he doesn't beleive i was on a good diet and thought he'd teach me a lesson!! i have had some oil and a loose movement but only once and been on then 24 hr now.

does the oil just keep coming if you eat too much fat or just when you go? Got a shocking headache but not sure if its the worrie of an accident!

i'm a teacher so i'm on half term now, i'm not sure if i'm going to suffer i'll be able to keep it up during term time! can't really leave a class or meeting!

hope it goes well for you

t x

• Posted

headaches are common in the first week. Drink lots to stop them. Mine went after a week. I get the odd one but it is because I haven't drunk enough.

I work in a school too and have been fine over the last 10 weeks. Ring MAP as listed on other posts and they will help loads.

KJ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.