Another question

Posted , 3 users are following.

this is now my second day on taking 10mg of citalopram, and I have been having side effects,.

Earlier on my head did feel abit weird inside and my hearing went abit weird and felt abit weird walking, which I heard is normal, feeling anxious and chest has pains and aches in, had bit of a headache and bellyache, I was just wondering because it's only my second day, like when I'm on my 5th day or further into the medication are my side affects gonna be worst? Will they get worst the more tablets ive taken?

Thanks.. Alice.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm on my 18th day and from personal experience the side effects were the worst during the first three days, after that they got less, still dizziness type of thing like not being able to focus but I have had that before starting the medication, I'm also on 20mgs, the biggest lingering side effects for me is sleepless nights only getting about 5hrs a night at best and still my appetite hasn't been back yet to full strength. Also when people say it takes a while to feel the effects they arnt kidding as I feel like I have only taken baby steps this far and as a first time anxiety sufferer and not really knowing what to expect and being impatient to get back to my normal self it has been difficult hope this helps out somewhat, most of the people on here say if you hold out and keep taking the meds so they build up it does make a big difference unfortunately i haven't been on them long enough yet to find out

• Posted

Thankyou, yeah everyone's says it does take time but it will be worst it at the end, hope you start feeling better soon!

• Posted

Hi Als I'm also on 10mg and I'm on day 14 today after I take tonight's one, I was the same when I first started taking it but I also experienced really higher anxiety, agitation, loss of concentration, electric shock type feelings through my body, and also sweats,

I nearly gave up on them but I'm glad I didn't as they only lasted about 5 days, and like the person above I'm seeing baby steps of changes, it's touch but keep at it, it is worse before it gets better, but I'm so glad I stuck it through, and can't wait to they start working properly, we are here going through it with you, if you need to talk

Hugs X

• Posted

Thankyou very much, that means a lot, I can't wait for them to start working either, hope you start feeling better soon smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.