Another question please

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

My gb scan result was this and I'm not convinced it's normal. 

First 1 hr of scan gb emptied at 58%

After eating something fatty the second hour emptying rate was 83%. 

Isn't 83% a bit out of normal perimeters ???

I know 58% is ok. 

Darn doctor is taking forever to write to me with results. I only know them because I'm a nurse in same hospital and I got them read by a doctor colleague. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes it doe seem a bit high... I am sure if the Doc was worried he would be in touch with you as a matter of urgency..
  • Posted

Im not even sure he's actually seen the report, but im pretty sure the radiographer would have poked him if there was anything to worry about. I have lost a lot of faith in my Gastro Doctors, they just do not seem to think there is much wrong with me, while i have to run to a loo in the middle fo a shopping centre. that's not normal to me.
  • Posted

If you are a Nurse you should be fast tracked .. Get in touch with  the Consultant/

his secretary ...she will know if there is. A report been issued or contact the x ray  Dept if you work there at the hospital you can ask the reception if there has been a report issued .. That is what I would do...

• Posted

Ive seen the report , i got a Doc friend of mine to interprete it, but he wasnt too sure of the 83% 2 hr rate after eating as he isnt a gastro doc, but he said its normal and that apart from the 83% rate everything is totally normal. My stomach is upset tonight after that fairly fatty meal, Im finding it hard to believe that 83% isnt a very healthy score, post fatty food.
  • Posted

definetely a product of elimination. Very frustrating though because my stomach is far from right, but nothing obvious, if my gastro tell me once more its post viral ibs im gonna scream, maybe it is though sad  so fed up now.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up