answer please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm still having issues with this perimenopause junk. I couldn't use the progesterone creme it made me dizzy all the time. I'm not on anything right now. One ovary still works. What can I do to help with all these symptoms..anxiety, weakness, just feeling bad and weird all the time. This week was the first week in months that I felt pretty good until yesterday and this morning everything has hit me hard again...can any relate or help??

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh I definitely relate hun, one day you feel ok the next you feel awful.... Pains everywhere, flushes/sweats, anxiety/panic, exhausted even after sleep, dizzy, fuzzy head, headaches, the list is endless, just when I think I've got it all another problem occurs and you just think what now???

You just have to take one day at a time x

• Posted

Go and buy the ovules Jays on. I got some today ,called Premeno  she said she's felt heaps better .Go check them out non HRT ,I got 3 boxes ,my cousin is now looking them up .
  • Posted

I understand the anxiety. I am prone to panic attacks and during peri I feel more generalized anxiety, "on edge", like you describe. I just live with it, since I have many more peri problems worse, unfortunately, like bleeding.

My anxiety does seem to come and go, some days better than others, and it might have to do with supplements I take. I don't always get them down everyday. And of course, it probably has to do with fluctuating hormones. Have you always had anxiety or is this new to you? Is it depression? Seasonal Affective Disorder (if it's winter where you're at.)

Perhaps the progesterone cream didn't help you because you're not estrogen dominant and  progesterone deficient or maybe it was other ingredients in the cream. Certainly you don't want to use the cream if you're not low on progesterone or it makes you ill. From what I've read, black cohosh, DHEA, and the Estroven products help many women but it is extremely contraindictated in my case, so taking that would make me worse. Vitex (Chasteberry should help me, but I got a burning sensation in my kidneys after 4 days, so I stopped and it went away. Not saying that caused it, but ...)

Have you read the hormone books and read the symptoms of likely causes of deficiences or dominant hormones to narrow down what your body is likely experiencing? You don't want to throw a bunch of herbs and supplements at it willy nilly.

• Posted

Hi! Ive never had issues with anxiety unil the past couple of months, when my drs was trying me on progesterone creme, hrt patches, and estradial pills..since then I've been a mess. I'm on nothing now..and yes some days are good others I feel like hiding a rock. sad
  • Posted

We are all suffering with you dear.  The B6 and B12 are great vitamins along with others we take.  Google about them.  We all have good days and bad days as the hormones are fluctuating.  I take a multi vitamin and an Ensure drink that really helps with the energy for me.  Excercise walking to keep moving is a must at this time.  Things will get better.   xxoo 🎅🎄🎁🎉
  • Posted

I can definitely relate. I remember when I realized what all of these symptoms were back in July and I found this forum. A lot of the women were suggesting vitamin B6 and B12. They helped at first but after a while they didn't seem to help. I still take them and have added Magnesium, Zinc and Calcium to the group. The way I have discovered with these symptoms is that they rotate randomly and so you never know from one month to the other what to expect. You may feel well for a little while and then all of a sudden you experience a symptom that you haven't had in a while so much so that you think that it is something new. Then you realize that you did have it before.

For example, last night, I had the worst panic attack and I haven't had one of those in really long time. I had two of them back to back and it was scary. I thought I was going to have a seizure. All of my nerves felt like they were going numb. My legs felt like jelly. It was pretty scary. I just can't wait until all of this is over!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.