Anterior and posterior repair 10 days post-op

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I'm new, seem to be recovering ok, had Vaginal Anterior, Posterior and perineal repair trying not too do anything even though you feel you can! Having difficulty emptying my bladder having to rock back and forth like an idiot hopefully this is temporary any advice ? Other concerns my graft was animal mesh, not a problem I thought, but still losing dark clots and the smell feel is awful advice/comments please

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello caroline. Go to the Genitourinary Prolapse home page and under the Pinned Post (Useful Resources) there's lots of useful information all well researched. The South Tees Information is particularly helpful. Sometimes following an anterior repair the bladder becomes a bit inflamed due to it being handled during surgery but that should settle. Dark clots are usually ok because it's old blood but if it is smelly you possibly have an infection so the sooner you see a doctor the better especially if you feel unwell or have a temperature.

• Posted

Thanks followed your advice spoke to my discharge ward now back in hospital on antibiotics grateful for the advice 😻

• Posted

I'm so pleased you got some treatment. I was concerned when I read your post. Now get some rest, drink plenty of fluids and try not to worry x

• Posted

Hi Matron and Doolou1966

Good news hopefully going home tomorrow whoop whoop, oddly I feel tired can't think why done nothing for 2 days!! Going home to do more nothing think this might get tedious, I know shouldn't look a gift horse 🐴 in the mouth but already bored 😐 thanks again to you both for hints tips and great advice, my thoughts are with you Doolou, remember baby steps and be patient keep me posted on your progress x😻

• Posted

Hi Matron,

Feel sure you are going to get bored of hearing from me !

Discharged yesterday with a further course of co-amoxiclav 625 slight problem now think I have phlebitis just below cannula site needle entry area bruised and slightly red 3cm below this swollen red area very tender, internet says treat with anti inflammatory meds cream or hirudoid gel do I need to contact hospital about this (as I don't want to go back in) or can I just go to my GP tomorrow when they are open really appreciate your advice 😬 X

• Posted

Hello caroline. I never get bored! Phlebitis does need treatment as you've mentioned and unfortunately it can spread so yes get some medical advice. Tomorrow should be fine as long as you are feeling ok x

• Posted

Thank you so much will speak to my GP tomorrow, so grateful x
    • Posted

Hi Matron

Saw an NP at my surgery she says all ok not to worry keep an eye for redness red lines and heat thanks again x

• Posted

Hi not too bad

Still on the antibiotics which have slightly (who am I kidding) undesirable side effects still on the plus side don't have to take a stool softener 😬 but nearly finished the course. Pain is ok managing with paracetamol and ibuprofen which is good. Enough about me how are you? X

• Posted

Morning Caroline. So glad things are manageable for you, and progressing hopefully in the right direction. smile I'm ok thanks, like you, finish antibiotics tomorrow night, think they may be making things a little uncomfortable down there too, so ready with my tablet for that! Apart from that, and taking a slight tumble yesterday, all seems to be ok I think? Still taking one movicol a day (daren't not) and only occasional paracetamol. I guess we won't really know if it's successful until all the swelling, healing and stitches have gone? Sending healing hugs to you x

• Posted

Hi Doolou

How's you?

Me too nearly finished antibiotics, your right I'm sure they have made me feel yuk, still onwards and upwards. So sorry you had a fall, hope your ok? I'm not on movicol too lazy I've got docusate, stool softener, tablet form which I'm sure I'll be taking for ever more as constipation contributed to a lot of my problems. Healing hugs are definitely working, sending them back for you too take care x😻

• Posted

Hi Caroline. Thank you for the hugs, seems they work a bit eh? I'm doing ok thanks, small steps. Glad you've finished the antibiotics too. Yes I agree with toileting problems being the main reasons for my current situation, if only we'd known sad . I've been home alone for a few days so doing a bit more, which feels a bit better. I get so stiff and bored sitting/laying around. Been for a couple of walks today. Can I ask? Are you still wearing your lovely socks? I haven't for a fewdays, as didn't want to bend too far and pull them on. I've been having a fluttery feeling and a bit of aching in my left leg since the op. I mentioned it even when I was in hospital. No pain or burning or anything, but with no HRT for 3 weeks, don't know whether I'm just a bit anxious about it? Maybe matron could advise if she doesn't mind? All good I think apart from that, and jus ever hopeful that it will be successful. Have another hug smile x x

• Posted

Hi Doolou

Glad to hear your doing ok. The delightful socks, didn't even bring my home from hospital!!!! But I did have to give myself anticoagulant injections daily for a week post op, maybe this is why? I'd speak to someone about your leg just to set your mind at rest I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but if it was me I'd ask your clinic, GP or consultant . Take care let me know what they say sending hug😁and my trademark Happy Cat 😻as my five cats keep me company daily i know slightly crazy with a very understanding husband 😬X

• Posted

Hi Caroline. Thank you for your reply. All is well (as can be expected) here thank you. You made me laugh about your cats! I have one large lovely mad cat, he definitely keeps me company when I'm home alone smile and my other half is a diamond, so understanding and supportive. Sounds like we a very lucky in a lot of ways smile I did go back to wearing the socks for another few days, but have stopped again. The information says you should wear them for six weeks, while you are less mobile, but they make my feet cold! I was given 2 pairs and the injections for a week, joyous eh? I have spoken to my GP who said that the aches and pains in my leg are probably due to the position during surgery, and that as I am becoming more active, am now feeling it. Went for two walks yesterday too, which felt better, if only it would get a bit warmer. You're sounding quite positive, hope all is good with you and yours. Hugs x

• Posted

Hi Doolou

Good to hear from you

Glad you sort some advice and all good news, guess the name of the game is little exercise everyday, my info that they sent me home from hospital says in general by the end of 6 weeks post op I should be able to manage a brisk walk for at least 20-30 minutes think this is a little hopeful but maybe I'm just nervous I'm sure it all depends on op had, fitness before and after and probably all manner of other things I used to do yoga before and am dying to restart, back to work in 2 weeks a little worried but am going to speak to my GP just to confirm this is ok. Like you my partner is amazing and the cats 🐱 well goes without saying they're always amazing I'm biased, do need to teach them to make tea ?? lol 😂 your cat sounds lovely get him/her to lie on your feet great foot warmer 😻Great to talk to you take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.